You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text selection reverting to default with text/artistic text tools

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I have found the same thing.   They not only revert to the default font Arial, but a default font size.    

2 hours ago,  abarkalo said: 

Hi there is a simple bug on text selection on all Affinity software - Photo, Designer and Publisher.  If you start with the text tool and then select a font you want to use the font selection reverts to Arial. This exists with the Art Text Tool as well as the Frame Text Tool.  The only workaround is to start typing in Arial and then change the text selection - and while this workaround works it really slows down my workflow, and honestly it's really quite annoying. This was not the case in previous betas and also with the MAS versions. Please fix.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

In all three I could change it by going to Edit > Defaults > Synchronize from Selection then immediately going to Edit > Defaults > Save.

Set some text with the Artistic Text tool select the text and do the above, repeat for the Frame Text tool.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I think this may be the same thing you're seeing - do you mean BEFORE you draw the text box, you set the font but it won't change to your new font selection until AFTER you draw the text box? That's what I'm seeing. And it wasn't necessarily the default font as mine was Arial to start and then the next time I tried it was stuck on Garamond.

1 hour ago, jmwellborn said:

If you start with the text tool and then select a font you want to use the font selection reverts to Arial.

It is the same for any text property. You need to select a text object to become able to define any style property or to select a defined style in the list. Means. for all new text objects always the default style is used.

I also notice a difference towards betas before v337: As soon I had used a custom style, then any new created frames got that recently used style. – This seems to be broken in v337.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Working perfectly now in v. 371.   Thank you!!!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.