You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting Art Board: Dimensions wrong

When exporting an art board from Affinity Designer I select a particular art board, change the size with linked proportions but the proportions are not retained. Rather than a portrait oriented image I end up with an image that is squished. Sometimes it works properly but mostly not. This happens whether I choose the option to export selection (with or without background) or export the art board. 

Web & Graphic Design @ beardyguycreative.com

Kit: iPad Pro 12.9" and 2012 MacMini

Sure thing Callum... here’s one https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhijotovwfhal28/Chess Saturdays 2.afdesign?dl=0

And I’ve found this happens with any file that I have with multiple art boards. Sometimes I can get an export with the correct dimensions but I have not been able to sort out why it works. I’ve tried different ways... changing the height instead of the width, width instead of height. Selection with background, without background, or the specific artboard. If I try enough times I’ll eventually get one. 

Thanks!

Web & Graphic Design @ beardyguycreative.com

Kit: iPad Pro 12.9" and 2012 MacMini

• Staff

Hi Denny,

This looks like a known issue that is currently logged with our developers to be fixed in a future version. When you go to export before writing anything in the dimensions fields please unlock and then lock the aspect ratio (click the lock twice) and then enter your values into the dimension fields. This should hopefully solve your issue in the short term :)

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:43 AM, Denny said:

When exporting an art board from Affinity Designer I select a particular art board, change the size with linked proportions but the proportions are not retained. Rather than a portrait oriented image I end up with an image that is squished. Sometimes it works properly but mostly not. This happens whether I choose the option to export selection (with or without background) or export the art board. 

This appears to have been resolved in the 1.7.0.4 beta. 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...