You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

32bit Preview Exposure slider curve: Can this be changed?

Hi,

I'm new to AP (coming from PS) and want to try and transition my 32bit editing. However, I'm not lovign the exponential exposure slider in 32bit preview panel. After 3 or so EVs it starts changing really quickly. In this case I liked the PS 32bit preview better, which has a linear slider.

Why is this important? Well, I'm looking around my HDRIs while sliding the exposure up and down, from min to max. This allows me to easily spot any mistakes in the HDR merge and/or pano stitch thoughout the entire dynamic range. 

I've gone through the config without any luck, and googling/searching the forums didn't help either (I apologize if I've missed an obvious answer). 

So, if this isn't possible to change in current build, can this be added as a setting? Either a simple checkbox for Exp/Lin or an actual curve editor for the hardcore. 

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi JorgenH,

Welcome to the forums :)

On 5/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, JorgenH said:

After 3 or so EVs it starts changing really quickly. In this case I liked the PS 32bit preview better, which has a linear slider.

I've compared Affinity's & PS's sliders and there certainly seems to be more granularity to PS's. The exact reason for this I'm not currently sure of, but I'll be sure to bring this up with the relevant team. 

On 5/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, JorgenH said:

So, if this isn't possible to change in current build, can this be added as a setting? Either a simple checkbox for Exp/Lin or an actual curve editor for the hardcore.

Unfortunately there isn't a setting in the current build to change this, so I'll move this to Feature Requests for our devs to see and coniser!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!