You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SVG cut files for Cricut and Silhouette

In Affinity Designer for iPad, is it possible to create SVG cut files for Cricut and Silhouette machines without needing Cricut's Design Space or anything? I am deciding between the iPad and Desktop version, but I'm not sure if I would need Cricut Design Space or Silhouette's Designer Edition too.

Hi,

Yes you can create SVG cut files for export, no you can’t cut straight from either desktop or ipad versions, you’ll need to import the suitable file types for Design space or the designer version or higher of the Silhouette software.

What is it you want to cut? If its a design from scratch, just use the tools in the Vector persona to create your design and export as an svg, if its a png image, you’ll need to trace it and you might be better using the cutting softwares tracing facility to do that, not sure about Design space as i only have Silhouette Designer software.