You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect clipping on export to SVG

Hi there!

I made a quite simple design in AD Beta .333 and exported it to SVG (please find both files attached, export was limited to the selected group). Unfortunately the clipping didn't work as expected. Instead of a clipped Text (by the rectangle) I got a design in which the text is staying on top of the rectangle (when opened with AD).

Did I do something wrong here - or is it an export glitch?

Cheers,
Volker

bad-svg-export_ad-1-7-333.afdesign

bad-svg-export_ad-1-7-333.svg

Edited by VolkerMB
Clearification

I downloaded both files, opened the afdesign file, and exported it on my computer. It exported as it should have when I opened it. Yours I got an error on and it looked like it must have on your computer. This is the error I got: error on line 12 at column 15: Extra content at the end of the document.

Hi Peg11!

Thanks for testing. Have you opened the exported SVG file with AD again? It shows me an incorrect design where the clipping went wrong... Please see attached screenshot.

Cheers, V.

bad-svg-export.png

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.