You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I do not know why, but my NIK collection (Plug-ins) is not working anymore. Affinity sees them, but will not activate them.

While a couple of months everything was working fine. (Did not change anything).

Who can tell me what's going on here?

In advance many thanks

Kees.  (Amersfoort. The Netherlands)

Schermafbeelding 2019-05-25 om 20.14.36.png

MEB thanks for your respons. No, it still not working. While Affinity Photo tells me that the plug-ins are working. 

NIK Collection was propriety of Google and you could download it for free . But she sold it to DXO and now you have to buy a license. Is it possible that that is the reason it's not working anymore?

The nix collection is really worth the money. But now i'm not  sure if the collection of DXO will properly work with Affinity Photo. 

I'm hoping you can help me with this. And assure me that the DXO packet is really working. 

I'm curious,

In advance thanks.

Kees de GRaaff (Amersfoort. The Netherlands)

The Nik collection is targeted at 8-bit RGB pixel images. Did you change the colour format?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff

Hi keesdegraaff,
I'm assuming you are working with Affinity Photo 1.6 (the current retail version) and Google Nik Collection (free version). Can you confirm this please? From your first screenshot seems you are working with a greyscale image. You have to go to menu Document > Colour Format and set it to RGB 8 or 16 bit (as you prefer) to make the plugins available. I'm not seeing any other reason why they may become greyed out unless you don't have a pixel layer selected (they will also appear unavailable if you have an adjustment or filter layer selected by mistake in the Layers panel for example). Since they are being detected by Affinity Photo they are correctly installed (although your Photoshop Plugins configuration in Affinity Photo Preferences  have a few redundant entries).

If you still have issues let me know: I will provide a link for you to upload the file so I can check it myself here.

The current state of the Nik Collection running is Affinity Photo is as follows:
- Currently both the Google and DxO versions work with Affinity Photo 1.6 for Mac (with a few minor issues).
- In Affinity Photo 1.7 Beta for Mac, only a few plugins of the Google and DxO versions of the Nik Plugins run: Dfine 2, Sharpener, Viveza 2 work fine, the rest don't work. We are trying to fix this with DxO.

Hi Meb

I'm working with version 1.6.7. With the free google nik collection. And i selected a pixel layer. And standard it is always set on RGB 8-bit.

At the moment i don's see any  nikon plug-in at all. (I am something doing wrong?)

See attachments:

(luckely i can use the plug-ins as stamd-alone. But i really mis the integration with affinity photo. Before it did work for years)

Schermafbeelding 2019-05-30 om 12.53.04.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-05-30 om 12.52.23.png

• Staff

They don't appear now in the menus because they are not being detected by Affinity Photo (see Detected Plugins column on the left on your image right above my reply here - only Filter Forge plugins are being detected) which means your Photoshop Plugins configuration is not correct or the plugins were not installed correctly. Have you created a custom folder to where install the plugin files? If you didn't, you only have installed the stand-alone apps which cannot be used as plugins.

To install them correctly follow the instructions on this video. Pay attention to the section that starts at 0:40s where James click the "+" button to add a custom folder to where install the plugin files. This folder must be created manually by you. James has created it on his desktop and called it Plugins but I advise you to create the folder inside the Applications folder on your Mac and call it Photoshop Plugins (or whatever you see fit). Then when you click the "+" button (as in the 0:40s in the video) point it to that folder you just created and continue following the rest of the instructions in the video. The Nik installer will create a new folder named Google inside the folder you created - this is where are located the plugin files.

If you did create a custom folder as I described above and have the plugin files installed already (not just the stand alone apps), you have to add it to the Plugin Search Folders section in Photoshop Plugins Preferences in Affinity Photo (see you screenshot right above this reply - it's the right input filed on top). Click the Add button there and point it to the folder where you have installed the plugin files.