Hello

I would like to see an export pdf option to seperate pdfs for each page.
I know there are free tools for it to split the pdf afterwards, but I think it would be nice in one step.

What do you think?

Primary: Windows 10 Pro 1903 / Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz / 32 GB RAM/ GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q
Secondary: os x mojave / imac 2017
A.Publisher 1.7.2.471
September 2019

On 5/25/2019 at 12:58 PM, ivbera said:

Hello – I would like to see an export pdf option to seperate pdfs for each page.

I agree with ivbera. And such a facility would ideally need to have an extra field in the PDF export window for user to select a naming convention for the subsequently created single PDF files. I suggest something like:

Export file names:    [file name] [embedded page no.] [export sequence no.]

MacOS 10.14.5  –  MBP   –  16Gb DDR  –  500Gb Crucial SSD

Affinity Publisher (beta)   Affinity Designer   Affinity Photo

I'm curious why that option would be useful. I've never had the need to create individual page PDFs. When would you use it?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

Just a requirement for delivery of files for some clients, competitions and file-storage in a database.
So maybe it is a special case, which I still like to see.

Primary: Windows 10 Pro 1903 / Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz / 32 GB RAM/ GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q
Secondary: os x mojave / imac 2017
A.Publisher 1.7.2.471
September 2019

9 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm curious why that option would be useful. I've never had the need to create individual page PDFs. When would you use it?

1.  I have a printer who requires separate page files

2.   Email circulation of specific pages to subscribers (without the need to send the whole set)

3.   Ease and efficiency of filing and retrieving discrete pages

Thanks!

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

fde101....selecting page groups for export is already supported and works well, but the output is to the usual, single file. Thus, in the export window, select:

Area:    All pages

Pages:   2,6,19  

Selected pages don't have to be consecutive. Separate page nos. with commas. For a run of consecutive pages use hyphen, eg 25-28. The two forms can be mixed, eg  1-4,9   but the output is always to a single compiled file.

3 hours ago, Seadog said:

selecting page groups for export is already supported and works well

Yes, I was referring to generating separate PDF files for each section (as defined in Section Manager), in one export operation.  So you could choose to output one PDF with all sections and pages, one PDF per section, one PDF per spread, or one PDF per page, for example.