You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I Need help. A few days ago my eraser tool changed the look and now I can't properly erase bits and pieces I don't Need for my artwork. The tool now Looks a bit like a Perforator and it does not erase well, Looks a bit like a Helix. I attached a screenshot. 

I tried to install Affinity new but the Problem did not go away.

1_eraser.afphoto

The tool is named "Erase Brush Tool," so my guess is you have set it to use something other than a basic round brush.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi lillithtauri,

Welcome to the forums :)

If possible could you send me a screenshot of the apps UI with the Erase brush selected?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Please could you try selecting the Erase Brush then go to View > Show Context Tool Bar. This should make a new bar appear towards the top of the screen please could you take a screenshot of that and send it to me?

Thanks

C

3 minutes ago, Callum said:

take a screenshot

Ideally, upload the screenshot as a PNG or JPG image rather than an ODT file. If you’re not sure how to do that, tell us your operating system and someone will explain the procedure.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Thank you for the screenshot :) 

Please could you try selecting the Basic brush category and then select one of the brushes shown in there. When you now use the Erase Tool does it look how it used to?

C