You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add Hyperlink Button greyed out sometimes for no apparent reason

Hi there,

for no apparent reason, the Add Hyperlink Button at the bottom of the Hyperlinks Panel will be greyed out sometimes, even if a suitable object, such as a string or a rectangle shape, is selected. It seems to happen mostly when the Hyperlink Panel gets docked or undocked, but I have no recipe for reproducing the issue so far. Undocking the panel often helps and brings back the functionality. But sometimes, I have to close the panel altogether and invoke it from the studio menu anew. :(

Please have a look, Alex :)

On 5/24/2019 at 1:37 PM, A_B_C said:

Sometimes I can also create a new hyperlink, without even selecting an object! Another bug. I guess it is related … O.o

That is wrong behaviour, the panel should not come up if we have nothing selected. Dismiss it with the cancel button. Clicking the Okay button causes a crash here.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-05-25-162627_Mac-Pro.crash

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-05-25-162830_Mac-Pro.crash

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

30 minutes ago, fde101 said:

If I create a text box, I can then create a hyperlink without even typing anything.  That's not right either.

Well we can choose to add a hyperlink to a Rectangle or an image so why not a text frame? Not saying I would but someone will find it useful, perhaps as a way around using styled text.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Well we can choose to add a hyperlink to a Rectangle or an image so why not a text frame? Not saying I would but someone will find it useful, perhaps as a way around using styled text.

That's all well and good if the box is selected but no insertion point is in play.  However, I am positioned to start typing - I have an insertion point - so the implication is that I am applying the hyperlink to the non-existent text selection rather than to the box.

What concerns me is, as @A_B_C pointed out in the second post of this thread, that by hitting the new hyperlink button on the Hyperlink Studio when nothing is selected we have the ability to crash the application if we click Okay instead of Cancel. That is a bad bug and it needs to be fixed.

• Staff

Thanks, didn't take me too long to reproduce the crash here, I found just adding a shape and deselecting it left the button enabled, and proceeding to add a hyperlink caused a crash.

Took me a bit longer to see the inverse but I did see it disabled with objects selected.

I've logged this for the developers, thanks for reporting it.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.