You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printing brochures

Hello,

I'm new to Affinity Publisher and just playing around a bit...

I tried to create a brochure with 8 A5-pages on my mac. This worked very well.

When ready I tried to print this brochure on my desktop printer (brother MFC J6520WD).

In the printing dialog I choosed paper size A4, doublesided and "brochure".

Printing worked fine. All pages came on the correct paper side.

But... all printing on the backsides of the paper sheets were upside down.

Though, this printing is unusable.

There should be a preference pane to set up this printing according to the printer in use.

In this preference pane should also be an option to set up double sided printing.

When I print with other software on my printer there is a difference of about 5 mm in the placement of the printout on front and backside...

Apart from these issus Affinity Publisher seems to be exactly what I'm looking for to create the printouts for my workshop.

Move on!

I would have thought that the printer settings you need (i.e. - flip long or short side) should be in the printer's driver settings, rather in the software that you are using.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Yes, it can be tricky. As PaulEC mentions the Publisher.app does not create the print option window content alone. It is rather an additional mixture of print options of your computers system and the software options of your printer hardware (the "driver").

I recommend to look for any, may be contradictory, setting in your options window and sub-sections where the page turn might set, too.
For instance to me on mac it is not necessary to manually activate double sided printing in the printers options when I have set it in the application's print options already.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1