You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pdf picture altered

Hi!

This week I used affinity publisher to make a poster and it was great! At this moment I just have 1 thing to iron out.

I wanted to add a linked figure (attached) but when I do, the normal dot of the decimal separator of a number (0.4) becomes a colon (0:4). It also seems like the font is changed, since the original figure has a 0 (zero without central slash) but the figure in affinity shows a zero with slash. I would like to know why and how can I just have the proper punctuation/fonts.

Thanks!

alpha_greybg.pdf

in_publisher.png

Assuming this chart was a PDF file that you inserted, make sure that the original font that was used to create it is installed on the computer running Publisher.  The changes that you are describing can happen with a font substitution, and Publisher does not currently support making use of fonts that are embedded into PDF files, so if you don't have it installed, Publisher substitutes a different font (all of the Affinity suite products currently have this limitation).

Indeed, it shows that there are missing fonts when I open the linked image on Publisher. I managed to change the font of the file inside publisher itself. It would be pretty cool if an icon would appear on the figure to show that something is missing (such as fonts) to warn that it must to be manually edited. Also, for a first time using publisher and editing this, without any manual description, the process was great and I actually managed to figure it out by myself. Unexpected! Awesome job for the software designers.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.