You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.7.0.337 won't run on one machine

I've been running Publisher Beta on three machines. An overclocked i5-2500K desktop with 12GB RAM (office machine); an 11" Pentium laptop with 4GB RAM (portable); and a 17" i5-2430M with 8GB RAM (main home work machine). All are Windows 10 Pro machines with pretty much the same software installed.

The 1.7.0.337 update worked fine on the desktop and the 11" Pentium, but won't run on the 17" i5. It seemed to update OK, but when run shows the splash screen with version number/loading fonts, goes on to the main screen with various grey bars where menus and icons would be, and then just disappears/closes before showing icons/menus. There's no error message.

I've uninstalled with iObit Uninstaller, rebooted and run the installation again as administrator, it seems to install OK, but with exactly the same results when running. I tried a few variations of this with the same result each time.

Have now uninstalled and reinstalled version 1.7.0.312, which runs without problem. I did this partly to make sure there wasn't some change somewhere else on the machine that was causing the problem.

• Staff

On the machine that is experiencing this issue can you please navigate to %AppData%\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\reports and attach the reports there?

It sounds like it's just crashing on startup, so there should hopefully be a clue as to why there.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

I'm afraid there's nothing obvious in the crash reports from what I can see, I will get the developers to see if i'm missing anything, but can you try navigating to %AppData%\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\ and renaming the 1.0 Beta folder to 1.0 Beta backup, then relaunching the application and letting me know if anything changes?

Thanks

OK. Re-downloaded the beta — just in case the file had become corrupted between installing on one computer and the next. Upgraded and renamed the folder as you suggested. And it worked!

It loaded without problems and appears to be running normally.

Thanks for your help. I'll try that again if I get any similar problems.

• Staff

Can you attach the folder that you renamed? That folder contains custom user settings and something in there might have been causing the issue, so I'd like to double check!

By renaming it we essentially "reset" the program, as it creates a new folder from scratch.

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.