You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Having to keep re-installing Photo

Why is it the more I use affinity photo the more problems/errors I have with it? It seems if I use photo everyday for a few hours, after three months I began to get issues, the program starts to become slow and lag. After photo is opened for less than an hour, whatever tool I am using, the tool reverts to the erase tool. Crash reports are never saved to the folder Crashreports. Every three months it seems I have to re-install the program for it the work again.

It might help to know your system specs, but even with a low-spec machine you shouldn’t have to keep reinstalling the app. Try clearing your user data: hold down the Ctrl key as you launch the app, and then press ‘Clear’ in the Clear User Data dialog that pops up.

If you need to use the ‘Select All’ option in the dialog (instead of leaving just the first three checkboxes checked) make sure you have backup copies of any brushes, styles, etc, that you don’t want to lose.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I run windows 10 / 8gb ram / intel i5-6200 processor. Not great or fast but it seems to work for my needs right now. I will try clearing the user data to see if that works with lag and error issues.

I still don't understand why the tool I am using reverts to the eraser tool after using the program for any length of time?