You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Skylum Photolemur 3 now non op

The very same happens with Luminar flex. I click on Filter | Plug-ins | Skylum | Luiminar flex and nothing happens. The app doesn't open, no matter how long I wait. (1.7.0.333)

With 1.6.5.135 everything works as expected.

20 minutes ago, pefunk said:

The very same happens with Luminar flex. I click on Filter | Plug-ins | Skylum | Luiminar flex and nothing happens. The app doesn't open, no matter how long I wait. (1.7.0.333)

With 1.6.5.135 everything works as expected.

I can confirm that Luminar Flex doesn't open in 1.7.0.333. In 1.6.5.135 Luminar Flex works but returns wrong colors to Affinity Photo. I use 16-bit tiff files and sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

@pefunk: With which kind of files (jpg?, tiff?, other?)  does Luminar Flex work as expected and which color profile do you use? 

Regards, dke

You are right. i didn't pay attention to the colors, since I just tested, whether Luminar flex would open at all. Your post enticed me to run a few comparisons:

1. I originally sent tiffs as ProPhoto RGB to AP. I then tried sRGB - no difference, the colors are off.

2. I exported the edited file from AP to jpg and then exported directly from Luminar flex with the exact same (ridiculous) settings applied in Luminar: Accent AI 100%, AI Sky Enhancer 100%, Green Enhancer 35%. I attach a comparison screenshot from xnview.

My workflow: I open a raw file in On1 Photo Raw 2019.5 (or less often in RawTherapee), apply adjustments and send the file as tiff to Affinity Photo for final adjustments. For the sake of my comparison, I also send the file from On1 directly to Luminar flex.

Aff_Photo_Pus_Lum_flex_vs_Luminar_flex_solo.jpg

Actually I had never heard of Photolemur, but after I looked at this thread, I googled what it is, and tried the trial. I found it so good that I have bought a licence, and now I'm using it for my photos I don't have time to manually edit. However in my workflow it's before Affinity Photo (or nowhere, if I edit a photo manually), as Photolemur oversaturates, I run a desaturation batch in Affinity, or crop, denoise, sharpen if necessary.

• Staff

Hi GrahamMYC,
I've not tested it, so I'm shooting in the dark here, but are you working with an RGB/8 (or 16 bit image)? Most plugins don't support other colour formats or only support RGB/8 and will appear greyed out for other. With that said it may be a bug/issue. Will have to check it myself here.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.