You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swatches palette are empty

The Grays, Colors and Gradients swatches palette are empty.
By choosing to Export one of these palettes, Publisher crashes.
With or without an open document in the editing window, the problem is the same.
All other color Palettes work well.

Affinity Publisher version 1.7.0.312

macOSMojave version 10.14.5

screenshot-publisher-swatches.png

14 minutes ago, franco said:

Affinity Publisher version 1.7.0.312

Try the newer version .337 

I can't speak for the .312 version but the latest has the palettes. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

That is kind of a reported issue, related to the app language.
[... and in v337 still occurring to me, not only for "Farben" (Colors) but also for "Verläufe" (Gradients) and "Unnamed".]

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, franco said:

If I set the application in English (United States) or French, the Swatches are missing.

Neat, I tried that and lost the Swatches and had Unknown for a language choice in Auto correct and filler text instead of my system's previous preference for English (Canada).

Should point out that the language choice is from the General section of the application's Preferences.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

and had Unknown for a language choice in Auto correct

"Unknown", indeed? – To me it's "None" in English app language on German OS.
Do you remember whether it has shown any language before your app language pref switch? (mine was "None", too.)

Also in English app language on German OS:

– I am not allowed to alter the spelling language in Character Style panel from "Deutsch" to "None" or "English", as long there is no object selected: regardless what I select in the pull-down menu, it always jumps back to "Deutsch".

– Whereas I have free choice with a text frame selected any new text frame is set to "None", regardless what language I used in the recently selected frame. It seems to force me to assign a language for every text frame – instead of keeping the last choice.

English swatches empty in ... US/Canada

British humor :2_grimacing:

9 minutes ago, thomaso said:

"Unknown", indeed? – To me it's "None" in English app language on German OS.
Do you remember whether it has shown any language before your app language pref switch? (mine was "None", too.)

1320076049_ScreenShot2019-05-25at12_11_56PM.png.9b6c3c5396d63e5220e61983a61191ff.png

There is no Unknown (en-US) in the menu list though. The only language I have chosen in my OS is English with the region being Canada so I get English (Canada) as my Primary (and only) choice.

Ah, good point, I forgot about the OS keyboard setting. There I have German and English (with british flag icon;) The menu results in:

487199310_auto-corrctpreflanguages.jpg.076c9f9ba7e7d1c176584113ecb786bb.jpg

(2x English - no US, no Canada)

2 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Ah, good point, I forgot about the OS keyboard setting. There I have German and English (with british flag icon;) The menu results in:

487199310_auto-corrctpreflanguages.jpg.076c9f9ba7e7d1c176584113ecb786bb.jpg

(2x English - no US, no Canada)

The first English must be some sort of Platonic Ideal. You know the one that nobody uses or understands but spelling correctly is easier in it.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.