You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snapping When Adding Nodes

I've been trying to add nodes to a shape symmetrically, though there is snapping when dragging nodes non show for when trying to add them.

It would be very helpful if such a feature was added, and if so I would appreciate it if someone explains how.

Thank you for your time.

Affinity already does what you are requesting.

Ensure you have "Align to nodes of selected curves" turned on, via the context menu of the Pen tool.

See https://affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/pages/Tools/tools_pen.html for more details on Node snapping options.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

36 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

Affinity already does what you are requesting.

Ensure you have "Align to nodes of selected curves" turned on, via the context menu of the Pen tool.

See https://affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/pages/Tools/tools_pen.html for more details on Node snapping options.

Yes this is for when dragging but not for adding new nodes.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question (your language is slightly ambiguous).

Are you talking about adding nodes to a new shape?
So placing the first node, then the second, third etc.

In which case the snapping option that I described works just as you ask in the current version of Designer (v1.6.5)

1053828620_AffinitySnapToNodesCreate.gif.9b2e32a3ed3e2d75bc10a7f8bdc286df.gif

Or do you mean inserting new nodes into an existing shape?
For example placing a new node between existing nodes 2 and 3.

In which case you are correct, then node will not snap to existing nodes until dragged in Designer v1.6.5

533965853_AffinitySnapToNodesInsert.gif.4ebc4526220e1e37e6cd8e4d3c8180a0.gif

However this behaviour has changed in v1.7 Beta, and the node will snap upon insertion.

1823176148_AffinitySnapToNodesInsertBeta.gif.6f11f42d9fcc92cd5d69b97619a57dde.gif

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro