Pattou

Stability of the current beta

@Mark Ingram I did test beta stability and I did not experience a single crash (or lag) for many files :

However, I had again the following problem (already reported for previous betas but I do not know whether it has been claimed to be resolved) :

- I close APh before saving the document

- APh saves the file before closing

- Next, APh asks to load an unsaved file...

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks @Pattou! Glad to hear you're enjoying the beta. We'll look into the file save issue...

I clearly do enjoy using APhoto 1.7 beta and I do not see myself using another app for photo editing/photocomposition. Thanks for the upcoming features :)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Hey Pattou,

We're trying to reproduce the saving issue you have mentioned, however both myself and Mark seem to be having a bit of trouble doing so.

Is there anything else you could add to what you have already said that may help us?

I've tried different ways in closing the document (File > Close, Ctrl+W, clicking the X on the document tab, clicking the X on the app window) but so far it simply asks me to save, I do so and then it happily closes.

Where abouts are you saving the file to? I've tried it to Dropbox and locally and both are fine. 

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

We're trying to reproduce the saving issue you have mentioned, however both myself and Mark seem to be having a bit of trouble doing so.

Is there anything else you could add to what you have already said that may help us?

I've tried different ways in closing the document (File > Close, Ctrl+W, clicking the X on the document tab, clicking the X on the app window) but so far it simply asks me to save, I do so and then it happily closes.

Where abouts are you saving the file to? I've tried it to Dropbox and locally and both are fine. 

Hi Chris,

This problem occurred very often with the unstable previous beta, even after having saved the file.

With the current beta, it happened only once when I did forget to save (ctrl+s) the file before closing the app ("X" on the tab windows). APh saved correctly the file though but when I started up again APh, the app asked me whether I wish to open an unsaved file. I did and it looks like a temporary saved file without my last editing. I did not save this temporary file of course and I found my final one stored in my internal hard drive.

Cheers,

Patrick

Posted (edited)

This happened to me as well using beta 333. I opened a previous generated aphoto file (1.65) which the beta then creates a warning and if you continue creates an untitled file name.  I then opened a jpeg, worked on it for a while, and saved it but I exited the program without closing or saving the untitled file.  When I restarted the program I was prompted by an note regarding an unsaved file.

Edited by phil_k

I think I just had this but only once in a good 12 or so attempts. I really need to get a simple recipe so we can reproduce it for development.

Thanks for commenting @phil_k and welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

31 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I think I just had this but only once in a good 12 or so attempts. I really need to get a simple recipe so we can reproduce it for development.

Thanks for commenting @phil_k and welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

I had this problem this morning for two files I did not want to save (RC beta .350).