You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers panel not opening, color shifts 127,128

22 minutes ago, >|< said:

The current AP beta is rendering the Legacy White Balance adjustment wrongly.

Is there a new white balance tool that is replacing the old? All the color correcting was done within the 1.7 beta. Also they will still need to fix the the layers panels that doesn't show up on one of my Macs. 

• Staff

Hi KipV,
Regarding the Layers panel issue, press and hold CTRL while launching the application until a Clear Use Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked and press Clear. This should fix the Layers panel issue. If you still have trouble with it before you update to the next beta build let us know. I believe that's a casual glitch due to the recent updates.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

hold CTRL while launching the application

That fixed it. By the way when it reset the layers back to their original small size that reminds me; could you also add an XL layer preview of those of us on 5K iMacs and other high density screens? "Large" is quite small on this screen still!

• Staff

Hi KipV,
Regarding the legacy white balance adjustment issue, this behaviour (colour shift) only happens with documents created in earlier v1.7 Betas. To fix it, double-click the adjustment to open the dialog and click (or nudge) one of the nodes a little. You should receive a notification telling you the adjustment was updated and the colour should now render properly.

With documents created in version 1.6 (the current retail) it should render the Legacy White Balance Adjustment correctly from the beginning, so this will not affect non-beta users updating to v1.7 when available.

30 minutes ago, MEB said:

To fix it, double-click the adjustment to open the dialog and click (or nudge) one of the nodes a little.

Great, that fixed it. Do I only need to do this with the white balance tool? 

Just out of curiosity for people who never used the beta (they will just go from the shipping version of 1.6 to 1.7) will they also deal with the issue or just those of us on the beta?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.