You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing "Load preset" in filter dialogs

I understand that you want users to use presets through Adjustment, but I feel that it requires quite a lot of clicking so the presets should be accessible directly from filter dialogs too (Ctrl+L, select preset and I'm done). A combo box would be really handy for quick switching of different presets.

affinity-load-preset.png.2abc5c68a05d76580870712968226849.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Arceom said:

Seriously, does anyone know how to load a live filter/adjustement preset?

Not quite sure what you mean.

Filters (live or not) do not have presets (that I know of).

Adjustments have presets. For adjustment presets:

• You can create an adjustment preset (which then lives in the Adjustments panel) by adding an Adjustment layer for the kind of adjustment you want, adjusting it, and clicking Add Preset.
  • You can apply an adjustment preset by opening the Adjustment panel, locating the kind of adjustment, and clicking on the Preset you want to use.
  • You can load a LUT Adjustment by adding a LUT Adjustment layer, and clicking on the "Load LUT" button. That's the only one I know of that lets you load an adjustment from an external file.

Does any of that help answer your question?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@walt.farrell Thank you for your response Walt,

you are totally right, theres no live filter presets (could be a good addition though), as for Adjustment panels, I was able to locate que adjustments panel which for some reason was hidden. Gunny's suggestion is great, it makes much sense to have the "load" button just beside the "add" button.

• 11 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, walt.farrell said:
  • You can apply an adjustment preset by opening the Adjustment panel, locating the kind of adjustment, and clicking on the Preset you want to use.

Where does this adjustment panel live? I don't see it under studio nor do have the option under layer to load the preset.

thanks!

42 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Where does this adjustment panel live? I don't see it under studio nor do have the option under layer to load the preset.

What application are you in, and what Persona of that application?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

59 minutes ago, Bryce said:

I was in Publisher and the Publisher persona.

This old topic was about Photo (though it would also apply to the Photo Persona in Publisher).

The Publisher Persona of Publisher does not have an Adjustments panel in the Studio.

-- Walt
PC:

You can add presets to adjustments in the Publisher persona but I can't see a way to reuse them whilst still in the Publisher persona. Which seems like a useless function (add preset) for people who have only purchased Publisher.

But surprisingly if you add an adjustment preset in Publisher it is available once you switch to the Photo persona (assuming you have purchased APhoto) 

The help file makes no mention of the Add Preset button in Publisher so I'm wondering if it is a mistake that it is there or has it appeared as I also have APhoto installed?

BREAKING NEWS: Hold the front page!!! I just fired up an old copy of Publisher (1.8.5) without Studiolink active and the "Add Preset" button is not there

Curiouser and curiouser

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.