You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager glitches

In the Resource Manager, if I click on a resource that is placed in the document multiple times (it'll have the disclosure triangle next to it), and relink the item, the selection reverts to the top of the list instead of staying on the current resource.

This doesn't happen with a resource that's just one item - only if I click the multiple item (and not one of the items within).

ALSO, the Resource Manager window doesn't retain it's size after you quit the app. It will be in the position you left it, but the size will return to default.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm Jeremy's hint. It only does not jump to the first entry if not the folder but single items within an opened folder are selected on replace.

I also notice, new in v376, issues with an activated "K-only" setting:
– if a file on page has the "K-only" activated then in resource manager its thumbnail and its preview in details section turns to B&W (whereas other color adjustments don't appear in the managers).
– if one of some files within such a folder are set to "K-only" then also the folder thumbnail appears in B&W, regardless of other items in the folder are not set to K-only.
– replacing an item reverts an active "K-only" to unselected.

Furthermore (not sure whether it should be solved in v376): when selecting an item on page which is used more than once then it does not appear as selected whn Resource Manager beocmes opened, instead there always the 1st list item is selected.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

We believe the issue found from this thread ("Replacing resource reverts selection to top of list") has been fixed in the latest Affinity Publisher beta and should not occur in the initial release of Affinity Publisher next week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.