paulfromaustralia

Complete newbie. Saving selection to new file with selection dimensions?

G'day from Australia.

I am a complete newbie to Affinity Photo for the Ipad.

What I want to do is

1. Create a selection.

2. Copy the selection.

3. Paste the selection into a new file which has the same dimensions as the selection.

I can see that this is easy to do with Photo for the PC, but I hope that this can also be done with the Ipad.

If it can be done, please give a very straightforward explanation on how to do this, and perhaps add some screen dumps.

Thank you for your help, and hooroo for now.

Paul. 

Hello.

Thank you very much for supplying the link to the video, which certainly shows me how to copy and paste to a new document. That is great.

However, it seems to me that it is not possible to copy a selection and paste that selection to a new document which is automatically the size of the selected area. This can be done in the PC version.

If this can be done with the Ipad version, please show me, if not then that is okay.

Best wishes to you in your creative work and bye for now.

Paul. 

I'm not sure if you can do the equivalent of "new from clipboard" on iPad to get the dimensions automatically, but you can follow up the Paste operation demonstrated above with:

• Document icon > Canvas > Clip Canvas

to get a document the size of the newly pasted content.

@paulfromaustralia great news.... the current 1.7 beta version has added 'New from Clipboard ' option. Also Batch processing is now available. :D

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

49 minutes ago, DM1 said:

@paulfromaustralia great news.... the current 1.7 beta version has added 'New from Clipboard ' option. Also Batch processing is now available. :D

Is available the 1.7 beta for IPad? How can I test it?

18 minutes ago, Angelos58 said:

If you’ve already been added to the beta, check your email. Otherwise, review the instructions in your earlier thread:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

10 minutes ago, Angelos58 said:

There is a customer beta for testing photo AND Design. The 1.7 Design customers beta was made available today.

Heres the link to sign up for photo.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Alfred and DM1, thank you very much.

I sent the email for Photo, but I didn’t find the email address for Designer.

4 minutes ago, Angelos58 said:

I didn’t find the email address for Designer

There isn’t one. If you have been signed up to the iPad Photo beta group, you should now also be a member of the iPad Designer beta group.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, Angelos58 said:

Will I receive an email?

You should do, Angelo. Have you received an email for the Photo beta?

Alfred online2long.gif

I didn’t receive a reply to my original email asking to participate in Photo on iPad beta, but I was added to the list very quickly when I tried again. I suggest you wait until after the weekend and then resend your email asking to be added to the test group.

Alfred online2long.gif