2 hours ago, ivbera said:

Oh well, glad you figured it out and that it wasn't a bug.

My proposal to would be a graphical preview of a rectangle in set orientation.

Thank you for your help.
I do think it is a bit of a bug - I would expect the Portrait check box to automatically uncheck if you select a change to Horizontal orientation via the Arrangement dialog box. Otherwise it's a bit of 'computer says NO' :) lol  

23 minutes ago, oculist said:

Thank you for your help.
I do think it is a bit of a bug - I would expect the Portrait check box to automatically uncheck if you select a change to Horizontal orientation via the Arrangement dialog box. Otherwise it's a bit of 'computer says NO' :) lol  

The Arrangement is the layout for the facing pages. Each page may be portrait or landscape (as determined by the Portrait button) and the pages may be arranged beside each other (horizontal) or one above the other (vertical) independently of the orientation of the pages themselves.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The Arrangement is the layout for the facing pages. Each page may be portrait or landscape (as determined by the Portrait button) and the pages may be arranged beside each other (horizontal) or one above the other (vertical) independently of the orientation of the pages themselves.

Oh I see - my very rusty dtp skills - I've forgotten everything. And now you've inspired me try out making an eccentric publication with both vertical and horizontal pages. 

On 5/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, walt.farrell said:

You're right that the checkbox will only give you one Master page. But I believe the checkbox is there to support scenarios where you might not want any master page at all.

Some of those scenarios may become more apparent when the additional personas are enabled, but that's only my guess at this point.

Maybe the name "Default Master" doesn't suite very well. Maybe it should be "Apply Master"?

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5