You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

document orientation

2 hours ago, ivbera said:

Oh well, glad you figured it out and that it wasn't a bug.

My proposal to would be a graphical preview of a rectangle in set orientation.

Thank you for your help.
I do think it is a bit of a bug - I would expect the Portrait check box to automatically uncheck if you select a change to Horizontal orientation via the Arrangement dialog box. Otherwise it's a bit of 'computer says NO' :) lol  

23 minutes ago, oculist said:

Thank you for your help.
I do think it is a bit of a bug - I would expect the Portrait check box to automatically uncheck if you select a change to Horizontal orientation via the Arrangement dialog box. Otherwise it's a bit of 'computer says NO' :) lol  

The Arrangement is the layout for the facing pages. Each page may be portrait or landscape (as determined by the Portrait button) and the pages may be arranged beside each other (horizontal) or one above the other (vertical) independently of the orientation of the pages themselves.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The Arrangement is the layout for the facing pages. Each page may be portrait or landscape (as determined by the Portrait button) and the pages may be arranged beside each other (horizontal) or one above the other (vertical) independently of the orientation of the pages themselves.

Oh I see - my very rusty dtp skills - I've forgotten everything. And now you've inspired me try out making an eccentric publication with both vertical and horizontal pages. 

On 5/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, walt.farrell said:

You're right that the checkbox will only give you one Master page. But I believe the checkbox is there to support scenarios where you might not want any master page at all.

Some of those scenarios may become more apparent when the additional personas are enabled, but that's only my guess at this point.

Maybe the name "Default Master" doesn't suite very well. Maybe it should be "Apply Master"?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.