You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some suggestions for the BETA version

1. the ability to directly manage the guides through the panel transforms (I always have to open the guide panel, which is formidable but inconvenient to access), such as the possibility of transforming a path into a guide.

2. I can't find the possibility to display only the work table by removing the display of everything in the assembly table (which in pubblisher does, but in pubblisher I can't find the possibility to see the objects parked in the area of Editor)

3. I can't find how to display the icc color profile applied to the document

4. I have an old Pantone library, how can I put it in AD?

5. The tool creates shapes would not be bad

6. A tool to straighten an object horizontally and vertically. Like I have a track with a nib that AD does not mark the corner for me, but I would like to place it horizontally, like I do?

7. The slider for the stroke size is excellent, but I think we should also add predefined line thickness sets, such as 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, .... (even if they can be customized by the user)
or insert the notches on the slider as on the rotation slider.

8. Insert the transform panel in the top bar for quick access.

9. Overprint display and the various CMYK Spot print channels

10. Maybe implement a plug-in to be able to insert AD files in indesign

11. Display the fill / trace in the left tool palette even when set to 1 column display.

12. Arrangement of collapsible panels as happens in Ai, in order to have more palettes available but occupy less space. So limit the waste of time in having to always go looking for and open the desired panels.

13. the "X" button of the project close instead of putting it all to the right, putting it shortly after the name of the table, is more intuitive and visible.

14. the command to recall the momentary zoom in backspace + crtl, make it work even if you press as in adobe, ctrl + backspace.

15. Key object alignment. (first selection or last selection is a bit limiting if there are many objects to align.

16. Possibility of special selections, similar in color, etc. ...

17. Ability to open a PDF or other document, converting texts into tracks (especially if they are not present in the PC)

1 minute ago, .: NICKY G. :. said:

2. I can't find the possibility to display only the work table by removing the display of everything in the assembly table (which in pubblisher does, but in pubblisher I can't find the possibility to see the objects parked in the area of Editor)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "work table" and "assembly table". You might mean "paste board" and "canvas" (or "Artboard"). To see only the current Artboard you should be able to double click on its icon in the Layers panel, but to some extent that depends on your Artboard sizes and layout.

In Publisher, by the way, you may be looking for View > View Mode > then uncheck "Clip to Canvas".

5 minutes ago, .: NICKY G. :. said:

3. I can't find how to display the icc color profile applied to the document

File > Document Setup then look at the Color tab.

10 minutes ago, .: NICKY G. :. said:

8. Insert the transform panel in the top bar for quick access.

If you keep it open in the Studio (which it is, by default) then it's a single click either way to access it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "work table" and "assembly table". You might mean "paste board" and "canvas" (or "Artboard"). To see only the current Artboard you should be able to double click on its icon in the Layers panel, but to some extent that depends on your Artboard sizes and layout.

In Publisher, by the way, you may be looking for View > View Mode > then uncheck "Clip to Canvas".

File > Document Setup then look at the Color tab.

If you keep it open in the Studio (which it is, by default) then it's a single click either way to access it.

In Publisher, by the way, you may be looking for View > View Mode > then uncheck "Clip to Canvas".

>>> I would like to get this publisher thing in designer!

image.thumb.png.6b5662edb487a3af8bba54e660e2547e.png

File > Document Setup then look at the Color tab.

OK I had seen this too, but isn't there any way to see it like that in the bar below and always have it close at hand?

ok I was also looking for an alternative way to recover the space used for the panel transforms for other panels.

5 minutes ago, .: NICKY G. :. said:

In Publisher, by the way, you may be looking for View > View Mode > then uncheck "Clip to Canvas".

>>> I would like to get this publisher thing in designer!

It's there. But it only works if you have a canvas, not an an Artboard.

And yes, what you're calling a "work table" seems to be more commonly called the "paste board" or "pasteboard" in Affinity.

ok I was also looking for an alternative way to recover the space used for the panel transforms for other panels.

As the Transform panel can share space with other panels, there would be no space savings if you had a button on the toolbar, that I can see.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

È lì. Ma funziona solo se hai una tela, non una tavola da disegno.

E sì, quello che chiami "tavolo di lavoro" sembra essere più comunemente chiamato "paste board" o "pasteboard" in Affinity.

OK pasteboard

I believe that the canvas is useless in AD and it is more common to work on drawing boards.

I believe that the function of hiding the pasteboard is to be inserted also for the work tables.
If I want to see the project by removing all the things that are bothering me around the pages I can't do it.

1 hour ago, .: NICKY G. :. said:

I believe that the canvas is useless in AD and it is more common to work on drawing boards.

I use whichever is appropriate. If I only need one design area or page, I use a canvas, not an Artboard.

But I agree that being able to hide the objects outside of the Artboards would be useful, too.

-- Walt
PC: