You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please give me a way to set up a Serif Affinity Account

I purchased Affinity Photo from the Mac App Store, and as such, I cannot access anything on the Affinity Website.  I do not feel I should be treated differently than people who bought directly from Serif (I would happily have had I known), and I would like to set up an official store account with my licensing information.  I understand that Apple would not share their information with Serif, but I can.  Let me know how to proceed. There are a *lot* of other customers in my position.  Thank you.

- Jeff

• Staff

Hi @jdiamondAffinityPhoto,

Welcome to the Affinity forum.

The only way to create an Affinity Store account is to purchase something directly through the Affinity Store.

That said, from your Welcome screen within the app you will be able to claim the free Macro Pack which will in turn create an Affinity Store account. Purchases made through the Mac App Store however will not appear on an Affinity Store account.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

OK, that all makes sense, but like many other users given this advice, I see no such links on the Welcome screen.  See screenshot attached:

Unless it's the "view samples" link.

If this isn't what I'm supposed to see, I could try completely removing Affinity Photo and then reinstalling it to see if that helps.

Update:  I tried the View Samples link - lots of cool samples but no link to the Affinity Website.

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 6.09.02 AM.png

Edited by jdiamondAffinityPhoto
Added Update

2 hours ago, jdiamondAffinityPhoto said:

I see no such links on the Welcome screen.  See screenshot attached:

On Windows that's the initial Welcome screen (with the Affinity logo on the left side). However, if you have an Internet connection the content of that panel quickly changes to a series of different images and offers, in a kind of screenshow, once the program can contact the Serif site and determine which images/offers it should display.

Perhaps you don't have an Internet connection, or the program is unable to reach the Serif site to determine which offers to show you?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt, thanks so much for the feedback.  I'm going to wait until I'm in an environment without any firewalls and see if there's any difference. :)

BTW, I'm actually not completely against buying Affinity Photo a second time, because it's not that expensive and I want to support Affinity.  But if I can make the Apple Store version work, then I can put that money into books to help me learn it. 

Edited by jdiamondAffinityPhoto
Afterthought

Hi, Thanks for this topic. Now I know what to do. I want to ask a question and I hope that someone has an answer. I also have Affinity bought in the App Store. But I want to use this program also on my (windows) laptop.  Do I have to buy the windows version? When yes.........that means that I pay twice the price. I hope there is a another solution.

I appreciate an answer in easy English (I'm Dutch). 

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, Meinie said:

Hi, Thanks for this topic. Now I know what to do. I want to ask a question and I hope that someone has an answer. I also have Affinity bought in the App Store. But I want to use this program also on my (windows) laptop.  Do I have to buy the windows version? When yes.........that means that I pay twice the price. I hope there is a another solution.

I appreciate an answer in easy English (I'm Dutch).

Licenses are specific to a single kind of operating system: Windows, Mac, or iOS.

That means that if you have purchased for Mac, but want to also use the product on Windows, you need to buy a second license.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Licenses are specific to a single kind of operating system: Windows, Mac, or iOS.

That means that if you have purchased for Mac, but want to also use the product on Windows, you need to buy a second license.

Thank you for your reaction. It is really sad that I have to pay again. I hoped for very huge discount :) I go on like I used to, by using usb sticks to exchange my photo's, Mac vs windows. 

8 minutes ago, Meinie said:

I hoped for very huge discount :)

There will almost certainly be a sale offer to mark the release of version 1.7 at some point in the next month or so. On past evidence, the discount will be at least 20% and it might be as much as 30%.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

24 minutes ago, Meinie said:

It is really sad that I have to pay again. I hoped for very huge discount

Part of the reason is that because you bought from Apple there's no way for Serif to know that you own the app for Mac. Apple does not share their customer info with Serif.

As Alfred said, though, there should be a sale soon.

-- Walt
PC:

It is still the wrong way that you have to buy something you've already pay for. Some other companies are more customer friendly. After sending an email I got a link for download. I think when you are using programs of Serif from the very beginning they can at least help you. But maybe this is the Dutch way. :) :) 

But thanks for the help and suggestions.