You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi lynxar,

Welcome to the forums.

To open RAW files simply click File > Open and select your file, this will load the Develop persona. You may want to check out the supported RAW list to make sure your camera is listed.

Thanks

Lee

Hi Lee

Thank you for this info. This works for existing files but how do I import images directly from the camera?  My camera is Canon EOS 100D and is one of the listed cameras.

many thanks

lynxar

@lynxar, this is not available in AP, you need to use your Canon S/W to download the images.  

A possible alternative (that I have not tried and so am guessing a bit here) would be to insert the card from the camera into your Mac (if it has a built in reader or using an accessory if it does not).  But even if that works, AP is not a photo library manager and you'd need to process the images one at a time and then work out how to file them in your library  :( )

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

• 2 months later...

That's a great shame but thank you for the insight. Currently, simply connecting my camera (Canon 7D) to the computer causes thumbnail images to preload into Aperture, with just one more click to import them. I would hope this would soon be possible with affinity; I was hoping it already was.

I purchased this as replacement for Aperture.

When I selected a raw file from Aperture, it seemed to automatically convert image to jpeg!

Affinity Photo cannot even import directly from SD card or camera!

Tutorial videos seem to be more catered to PS users only! :angry:

Eine Stimme für crisw.

Datei - Öffnen - Foto(mediathek) - Aperture öffnet nicht die RAW-Datei, die in Aperture archiviert ist, sondern erstellt ein jpg (oder benutzt das Vorschaubild?). Eine RAW-Entwicklung ist somit (auf einfachem Wege) nicht möglich. Ich habe ALLE meine Fotos in Aperture.

Christiano

Welcome to the AP forum Christiano

Like you, I use Aperture as my photo library (Digital Asset Manager).  I use AP for all my serious editing, and access the Aperture library images in one of 3 ways:

1:  Set AP as the external editor in Preferences > Export > External photo editor.  Advantages - easy to use and you can return the edited image to Aperture by File > Share > Add to Aperture but this sends a thumbnail sized file.  It is best simply to Save (File > Save or CMD + S).   

2: Option 1 sends the Aperture file to AP as a TIFF or PSD (you set this in the same window as above).  If you prefer to work with a RAW file you need to Export Original from Aperture then edit and return

3:  You may be able to access the images in your Aperture library using Media Browser but they may be the thumbnails.  If you save your downloaded images to Apple's Pictures folder you can set this up as a referenced library in Aperture and access the RAW files in Pictures directly from AP.

The choice is yours - I have tried them all and have settled on option 1 and returning the edited file by CMD + S.   The Affinity team are aware of the shortcomings and have posted that they will be fixing the problems (which it seems are OS X related).

(Entschuldigungen für die Beantwortung in Englisch, aber dies möglicherweisebesser als einen online-Übersetzer zu verwenden!)

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.