You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Probably not, but what are you doing to get them created?

And what problems are you having deleting them?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I think there is a way to achieve what you want.

1. Deleting all styles is easy. When you first create a new document, go to the Text Styles studio, and click on "Detach and Delete all styles." It deletes everything instantly.

1797398854_ScreenShot2019-05-22at9_36_01AM.thumb.png.ddd87262460575ca5a272393ecff1be9.png

2. You can then "Save as Default" from the same menu in the screenshot above. The next time you create a new document, you will only be left with this:

592859730_ScreenShot2019-05-22at9_47_16AM.png.c243356a112ea98f76925026dee2da6e.png

3. Take it a step further and add your own styles that you want to use frequently, and save them as default.

1 hour ago, Toche47 said:

Can I prevent the automatic creation of text styles in Affinity Publisher? The software adds text styles that are difficult to delete later.

Are you asking about Text Styles which are 'created' by importing/placing a document with styled text?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Another way: To get rid of text formatting I like to use the right "Defaults" button in the main window. It resets to defaults you had defined before.

1623844806_defaultrevert1.jpg.8e9ad7fbc23f9370f03b567489333198.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Thank you for that answer. This is not exactly what I thought it would be: I would like to define a default character and paragraph style, which is taken into account with each new document. But your solution allows me to do this at the beginning of a new document, then save these styles for that document (which is an improvement).

But I didn't understand how to make these changes apply systematically to all new documents as soon as they were created.

4 hours ago, Toche47 said:

Thank you for that answer. This is not exactly what I thought it would be: I would like to define a default character and paragraph style, which is taken into account with each new document. But your solution allows me to do this at the beginning of a new document, then save these styles for that document (which is an improvement).

But I didn't understand how to make these changes apply systematically to all new documents as soon as they were created.

@garrettm30 posted the solution. It is four up from here.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.