DWright

Wollaton Hall

Had a wander around Wollaton Hall on a rainy day

Took the original image and croped and straightened then used the Haze removal to make the rain clouds pop and adjusted the levels then applied a detailed tonal map

Wollaton Hall original.jpg

Wollaton Hall.jpg

Nice, but the blurred foreground branches are so distracting.

If only there were some tools to get rid of them, or next time, take a pair of shears with you.  I'm sure they won't mind

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Those clouds reminded me of 1980’s pop videos where a colour-inverted sky whipped past behind the band (sometimes in a desert).
Went and watched “Nice Video, Shame About the Song” for a bit of nostalgia (no clouds but similar effects).

Yes, much prefer this one

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

I prefer the image with the blurred foreground branches. Those shapes reinforce the shapes/form of the branches/leaves of the tall tree right side as well as the vertical lines of the building. In all the image is dynamic (energetic, lively, vigorous) compared to the second one.

https://www.peterdinnan.com/     photography with elements of mood, abstraction, pareidolia, gestalt and the morphics

Ease back on the sky they are looking out of whack with the rest of the image; they look a bit fake. 

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr

On 5/22/2019 at 7:41 PM, PedroOfOz said:

Those shapes reinforce the shapes/form of the branches/leaves

Good point, but the foreground blur draws my eye like a magnet. I tried to ignore them to no avail.

Windows 10 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP & AD

I'd set about painstakingly removing all those blurred branches myself - I've done similar things countless times.

What better to use then the tools at hand.

Oh. . .and that was not an offer by any means. :P

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.