You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when copy and pasting

How do I roll back? This is crashing right and left. I can't copy and paste from one document to another without it crashing.

Process:               Affinity Designer Beta [2127]
Path:                  /Applications/Affinity Designer Beta.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Designer Beta
Identifier:            Affinity Designer Beta
Version:               1.7.0 (1.7.0.12)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Affinity Designer Beta [2127]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2019-05-20 20:26:03.918 -0400
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.4 (18E226)
Report Version:        12

On 5/20/2019 at 5:31 PM, RJT said:

How do I roll back? This is crashing right and left. I can't copy and paste from one document to another without it crashing.

Process:               Affinity Designer Beta [2127]
Path:                  /Applications/Affinity Designer Beta.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Designer Beta
Identifier:            Affinity Designer Beta
Version:               1.7.0 (1.7.0.12)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Affinity Designer Beta [2127]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2019-05-20 20:26:03.918 -0400
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.4 (18E226)
Report Version:        12

I second this. Can I get a link to the last download? I can't even open my main file.

• Staff
On 5/21/2019 at 1:31 AM, RJT said:

4 hours ago, LucasKA said:

I second this. Can I get a link to the last download? I can't even open my main file.

Hi guys,

Do you have a file you could attach a file that is always crashing when you copy from please?

Thanks

9 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi guys,

Do you have a file you could attach a file that is always crashing when you copy from please?

Thanks

Sorry for lack of clarity. Copy/Paste is not my problem, crashing is. It crashes whenever I try to open an existing Affinity file. 

• Staff
On 5/22/2019 at 9:25 AM, dcarvalho84 said:

@Sean P I have reported mine and you have named it afd-3499. Didn't have any other type of crashes, at least in my regular workflow.

Yup! We've got your one reported - just wanted to make sure if it was happening to other users - it was the same issue and not file specific. :)

17 hours ago, LucasKA said:

Sorry for lack of clarity. Copy/Paste is not my problem, crashing is. It crashes whenever I try to open an existing Affinity file. 

Ahh ok - in which case could you attach a copy of your file that is crashing to the following location please:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/iDLvqbT3S1WYGqqx70CY

Thanks!

On 5/23/2019 at 3:51 AM, Sean P said:

Yup! We've got your one reported - just wanted to make sure if it was happening to other users - it was the same issue and not file specific. :)

Ahh ok - in which case could you attach a copy of your file that is crashing to the following location please:

Thanks!

Done and added crash report here

crash copy.rtf

52 minutes ago, lexislav said:

Same for me. Copy and paste crash designer (latest beta). on the same document, between documents, between apps (designer to the publisher).

For me - on any file.

Crash report attached, I can send any file if still needed.

ad-copy&paste crash.rtf

Try the new .14 RC1 version. This has been fixed. At least i didn't have any crash in this .14 version.

On 5/23/2019 at 3:51 AM, Sean P said:

Thanks!

I'd like to check in on this @Sean P, since last weeks release did not fix my issue. I can start a new thread or submit an official support request or whatever you need. I will also accept a link to previous builds as I can't seem to locate it (I don't know the specific version I was on).

Much appreciated.

• Staff

HI LucasKA,

Unfortunately I am unable to supply older builds, and is not something we wish to do. We want to ensure everyone is using the latest beta to help find any issues and regressions that might appear.

With that said, I found your file to always crash on build 14 which no longer happens in the next build. I've also tried copying and pasting and that is not crashing for me either, so hopefully this should be resolved when you get the build. If it is still happening then please let me know.

Thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.