You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Livestreaming your app - one really useful option

Hi,
In about 3 weeks I plan to start livestreams with tips and tricks concerning your programs. I attached the layout I have to give you better idea what I'm trying to achieve.
On the streamlabs screenshot you have a window with an artwork selected on the upper left corner. This is an overview of my full artwork. To make it look like this I need to open two windows of the same artwork in photoshop.
I know I can get it through "new view" option in your apps, but the problem is that I need the windows to be cropped exacly to the size of an artwork. In short, I would appreciate an option that would allow windows to resize to the artwork size while zooming in and our using ctrl+= ans ctrl+-, when in floating window state.

I would really appreciate your help in advertising your products. I already convinced 3 of my clients to try out your apps and they seem to be enjoying them. I would love to spread the word even more.

Thanks,
Adrian

stream.jpg

First, you're not going to get any new options in just a few weeks.

You don't say what OS, but the Windows versions support floating images. So let's start by discussing what problem you're having.

Assuming you are on Windows, you can already get a new view, as you mentioned, and you can float it (leaving the other one not floated) and resize it and move it to the upper left as you've shown. The small view will have, however, scroll bars and a header with the window controls on it.

Assuming you leave the focus on the main image, you can also zoom in/out on that main image as you want, leaving the smaller one untouched.

So, specifically, what is missing?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

First, you're not going to get any new options in just a few weeks.

hehe I know, that was more of a backstory why I think it would be useful :)

22 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You don't say what OS

I think the OS doesn't matter for the general lack of this functionality, but yes, I use Windows.

In Photoshop you have the option "zoom resizes windows" (under "general" tab), check how it works if you can - that's what I need :)
Until that point I'll have to find a way around that like virtual monitor with custom resolution matching my Streamlabs area proportion > drag window there > make it full screen > match zoom to the size of the virtual monitor. Not ideal way of doing it, especially for my GPU.

you can detach the navigator screen and resize it to fit also

Yes you can, but there is a flickering problem where Streamlabs can't hook to that window to read what is inside of it and when it can (from times to times) it don't show the artwork, only gray UI.

Actually the "showing only UI" problem with Streamlabs is another Huge deal, but I don't think it can be fixed in near future, so I thought I'd only ask for this small option and that could help a lot.

2 hours ago, IDT Adrian said:

In Photoshop you have the option "zoom resizes windows" (under "general" tab), check how it works if you can - that's what I need :)

I can't. 

So unless you can explain it I guess I just won't be able to understand why you need it :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

It pretty much does what it says. It resizes the window to the borders of your document when you zoom in or out. That way you have no additional space on the side of the window and thanks to that you can extract only the overview of your document to your stream/video. It makes it easier to design that miniature of the artwork in the corner of the screen because i always know exactly what size my window will be. 

Today it's already middle of the night, but if you want I can make you a video of how it works in photoshop tomorrow.