Sign in to follow this  
EricHan

Text Stroke on iPad ver. Affinity Photo?

Thanks always for all the quick replies to my previous questions. And I have another one.

I use a 6th-gen 9.7" iPad. 

Here goes my question: Can I change text strokes or outlines to stitches on an iPad version of AP?

I've been trying to create an embroidery pattern and the problem arose when I tried to turn outlines of a text into a stitch formation - the text has no colour inside, or No Fill, only outlines by going to Pen Tool, checking No Fill and increasing Width.

I've watched a number of tutorials on it and there are a couple of ways to do so.

But they are all done on a PC version of Affinity Photo.

Unfortunately the stroke studio is not available in Photo on iPad, the only work arounds are to also buy Designer (it’s cheap) and do that part of the edit in Designer since the afdesign and afphoto files can be opened in either app.

Alternatively you can make a square brush which you can change the spacing to rudimentary draw text, apologies from my poor effort on the V1.7 beta.

3AF5DA5B-F43D-4893-92F2-87591DDAA637.png

Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on MAC Mojave 10.4 Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 12.4 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

Thank you for the quick reply. Luckily, I already have Affinity Designer, which I thought I would use later. But, I used it today anyway.
Now, I got what I wanted from Affinity Designr. Just hope AP on iPad would have as many tools and studioes as AP on PC, if not everything.

Thank you.