You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on making selection

Hello there,

i can  reproduce a crash of Affinity Publisher when i make a text-selection which goes over multiple pages.
It´s a pretty long text which goes over ~20 pages.

The interesting part is that i found only one position where this happens. If i make a text-selection over 2 pages somewhere else: it doesn´t crash.
The selection goes a little bit crazy, but no crash elsewhere

I am on .312 see no newer version but i have opend these files with some of the "newer" versions of publisher which were retracted soon after

I´ve attached a screenrecording to see for yourself:

Yeah i can do, i didn´t want to share it to the public, so i was waiting for something like that :)

The problem occurs between page numbered 19 and 18. I noticed it crashes with a certain selection, so try different selections if it doesn´t crash on the first try.

I tried it on multiple computers. It works every time

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe the issue ("Crash when making text selection between pages in specific file") has been fixed in the latest Affinity Publisher beta and should not occur in the initial release of Affinity Publisher next week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.