You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how do I set up a tri fold brochure

Still not quite sure how to set up an 8.5x11 (US) landscape page for a tri-fold brochure. The stuff on YouTube are those extremely difficult to follow videos that show zipping around clicking on stuff with no commentary. I know that is an effort to deal with multiple languages but on the other hand it seems like a great deal of effort to make a video no one can understand in any language. It is my major drawback from purchasing Affinity Publisher.

2 hours ago, Jonn said:

Still not quite sure how to set up an 8.5x11 (US) landscape page for a tri-fold brochure. The stuff on YouTube are those extremely difficult to follow videos that show zipping around clicking on stuff with no commentary. I know that is an effort to deal with multiple languages but on the other hand it seems like a great deal of effort to make a video no one can understand in any language. It is my major drawback from purchasing Affinity Publisher.

One way is to use two single pages then set guidelines to indicate the fold lines. A trifold has to panels the same width and depending on whether one is looking/working on the front or back, one panel, the panel that is folded in, is a little narrower.

Here's a sample. It is also imperative when you make the pdf, to review and understand which page the printing company wants as the first page--inside or outside and to review the dimensions for the fold-in panel. The attached has an image of a common set up, guides to the dimensions, margings are set for a typical "safe area" and bleed lines.

us-trifold.afpub