You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DxO Nic collection

Simple question. Has anyone managed to get DxO Nic collection to work in Photo 1.7 beta without the "updating fonts" keep popping up and locking everything up. On DxO website it appears to say they have made it more compatible with third party (Affinity) software but I'm not sure how old the info is as it shows the logo for version 1.6. I can only assume no further progress on this issue has been made between Affinity and DxO at this time.

• Staff

Hi Raymondo,
We are now using the latest Apple build tools (Xcode) to build/compile the apps and this broke compatibility with Nik Collection by DxO. Unless there's updates/changes to the plugin itself to work with apps built with Xcode 10 there's no way to make it run properly without the updating fonts message appearing/locking the app. We are trying to contact DxO to see if we can get this solved for both our users.

Thanks MEB for your response. I can always use as a stand-alone for now if necessary. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Showing my ignorance, what’s COP Red Angel? Haven’t heard that one before. 

24 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Showing my ignorance, what’s COP Red Angel?

I’m not @Red Angel (obviously!) but I think COP must be Capture One Pro.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

15 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Raymondo,
We are now using the latest Apple build tools (Xcode) to build/compile the apps and this broke compatibility with Nik Collection by DxO. Unless there's updates/changes to the plugin itself to work with apps built with Xcode 10 there's no way to make it run properly without the updating fonts message appearing/locking the app. We are trying to contact DxO to see if we can get this solved for both our users.

Now with 1.7.0.127 it's instant crash of the program, the same for Topaz Studio and others.

Hi Kirkt

Did you download an up date from the DxO website or did your version update automatically, or do you mean Serif have fixed the problem with this version update? I could never ascertain from either Serif or DxO who the problem really was with. Sounds promising though, great if fixed. Thanks for the update.

1 hour ago, Raymondo said:

Kirkt

Are you using windows or Mac because I still get font update issue with version 1.7.0.128. I just tried it. I’m on Mac.

Hi,

I use a MAC. Your question has already been answered by Affinity Photo moderator.

AF Moderator
We are now using the latest Apple build tools (Xcode) to build/compile the apps and this broke compatibility with Nik Collection by DxO. Unless there's updates/changes to the plugin itself to work with apps built with Xcode 10 there's no way to make it run properly without the updating fonts message appearing/locking the app. We are trying to contact DxO to see if we can get this solved for both our users.

I use Capture One Pro with Nik Collection Free Version 1.2.11, together with Affinity Photo Beta version, without any problems.

I am using a beta version (a release candidate) for the upcoming version of the Nik Collection.  I am also on a Mac.  In other words, DxO have done something that has addressed the current "updating fonts" issue.

kirk

HI Kirkt

I'm a little confused now as I have the latest version of NiK Collection V1.1 and am running on iMac with Mojave but still cannot get passed this Fonts Updating and locking up issue. I have left a topic on the DxO forum to see what they say about the problem. I'm assuming windows uses have no problem as it appears to be an Apple code issue. I am also running the latest version 1.7.0.130 of Photo. What version of Apples software are you using? Can't get my head around how you now don't have a problem on Mac. I'm also intrigued by when you say upcoming version of Nik Collection, the latest version I know of is NiK 1.1. I don't know of any other.

I am beta testing the upcoming version of the Nik Collection, that is why you do not have access to the version that I have - it has not been released yet.

kirk

The Nik Collection v2 is now available for purchase, FYI.

kirk

On 5/29/2019 at 8:27 AM, Raymondo said:

Oh ok. Look forward to the new update in due course then. Thanks for clarification.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:27 AM, Red Angel said:

Hi,

I use COP at the moment till the issue is solved for the Nik Collection filters. It is very simple and can be edited further in Affinity Photo.

Cross fingers :D

Never mind

Edited by steverdezines

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.