You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I am new in the forum

I do not know if this topic has already been highlighted.

I have no experience on these kind of softwares: if I open a RAW file modify it I have to develope it in order to save or export. If for any reason I need to open the RAW again Affinity opens the original one and not the one on which I made the changes. I was told that the PS (or the program that deals with raws) does it: if you open a raw a second time it gets the modifications, has the history of them and you can undo some. The raw original file is not modified but there is a small file linked to it in which you find all the changes done

Is it true?

I hope I managed to explain myself also with the english

thanks for the help

Andrea

• Staff

Hi Pozzarello and Welcome to the Forums,

You are correct, the edits you make in the Develop Persona are lost UNLESS you create a preset from the edits you've made before leaving the Develop Persona.  

With PS they write out the edits into a sidecar file and if you reopen a edited RAW file, PS loads the edits from the sidecar file.  Our Dev team do plan on adding either a method that uses sidecar files or another non destructive way of saving these changes, so they are reapplied if you open the RAW file at a later date.  I'm not sure when this will be added

I do hope this will be implemented soon because it’s an absolute must for people who use Affinity Photo instead of PS. The program is great but not keeping edits is not very modern. I know of very little programs that don’t remember edits.