You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

from one day to the next something has got mixed up with the color management in Affinity Design. The white became a yolk yellow. When I tried to change the color profiles in affinity,  sometimes nothing happens and the white remains yolk yellow. With other documents the background becomes a neutral white but other elements that should be also neutral white remain yolk yellow. 
Like I said, I tried to change profiles, from RGB to CYMK, from AdobeRGB to the Benq-Profile (my monitor). Nothing worked.

When I start with a RGB/8 and Benq-Profile everything is shown correctly, but the PDF documents I import, always have this yolk yellow instead of neutral white. 

I have to say that I am not a professional graphic guy. This problems I have on a Windows computer. 

Can someone please help me? Thank you

Edited by Mambo77

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Mambo77.

It sounds from your description that this was working properly, and then stopped working.

If you create a new empty document, is it white on your screen?

Did you make any software changes, changes to system options, or hardware changes that might have caused the problem?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you Walt! 

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

It sounds from your description that this was working properly, and then stopped working.

exactly

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

If you create a new empty document, is it white on your screen?

Yes. Now that I changed the color profile in affinity to RGB8 and BenQ it is the real white. If I insert a file or document, then it is not really white. Even the color palette in Affinity can't display this white correctly.  I`ve attached a screenshot so maybe its easier to understand what I mean. 

This issue has already occurred for a few months but I can't remember any hardware change. I think it was also before installing Win10. 

color.jpg

Edited by Mambo77
wrong file

• Staff

Hi Mambo77,

This is definitely a colour profile issue.  This is my standard reply for when i've encountered this a number of times before and i suspect it would help you out in this case:

1) Click on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner of Windows so you get a menu pop up and then start typing the word Colour Management 

2) The 1st things that appears should be under a heading called Best Match and it should be Colour Management.  Double click this and a window will open and show you a Devices tabs.

3)  In here will be a list of colour profiles.  If it doesn't show a colour profile called: sRGB IEC61966-2.1 click on the Add button and you'll see a long list of profiles.  

4) Find sRGB IEC61966-2.1, select it and click on ok.  Then you should be back at the Devices tab and it should now show sRGB IEC61966-2.1, select it and click the set as default button.

If you then close that window, start up Affinity Photo, whites should now be white.

If when you bring up the Colour Management window for the 1st time and it happens to show two or more colour profiles in the list and one is sRGB IEC61966-2.1, just select it then click Set As Default and then start Affinity and all will be well (or white...)