You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why is Designer rasterizing this EPS export?

Hi,

First off many thanks for the great software. I am enjoying exploring it, looking forward to the upcoming releases.

I'm running into an issue with exporting to EPS format for upload to Stock vector sites.

Some elements of the image are being rasterized and I can't figure out why. It's curves with a fill of a gradient with 3-4 colours, without any transparency.
Surprisingly, beneath the rasterization the correct curve has been created as well.

background.thumb.png.58564da4eddba1c5564558160fe9a773.png

On a different curve it exported correctly. Any help in which direction I should look for a solution?

I'm assuming it's got to do with limitations of the EPS format. Is there a website which has a list of requirements/limitations of this format, so I can know what to look out for? I've been googling but can't find anything useful.

Thanks!

Steven

Depending on where I place objects in the layer stack, the export persona to EPS seems to fuse them, and create unexpected overlays, next to the correct layers.
As a workaround I can delete all the newly created unwanted elements from the EPS file, but it seems like an unexpected bug to me, or am I doing something wrong?

See also ...

For references the Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) File Format Specification Version 3.0 #5002 (May 1, 1992) gives a more general overview about the EPS format (from here). Other than that there are also a buch of books and other older resources about EPS you can find (partly) on the net. - AFAIK there are certain things like gradients and FX effects which are mostly always rasterized on vector export.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2