You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with text styles

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Careless Archie.

I don't have that problem using .331 or .333.

If upgrading to that release doesn't help, perhaps you should try resetting Photo: Close Photo, then hold the Ctrl key when you click on the shortcut to start it again. Release Ctrl when the app's icon shows up in the Windows taskbar, and click on the icon. Leave the first 3 boxes in the dialog checked, and press Clear. Note that this will also remove any customizations you've done to the beta (added brushes, etc.) so you might want to back them up first.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Careless Archie.

I don't have that problem using .331 or .333.

If upgrading to that release doesn't help, perhaps you should try resetting Photo: Close Photo, then hold the Ctrl key when you click on the shortcut to start it again. Release Ctrl when the app's icon shows up in the Windows taskbar, and click on the icon. Leave the first 3 boxes in the dialog checked, and press Clear. Note that this will also remove any customizations you've done to the beta (added brushes, etc.) so you might want to back them up first.

Nah, still have same problems.

I think it's related to this:

The at you've described it it's a different problem, because that one is not related to using the Text Styles panel and having those choices be ineffective.

That one is a problem with the style assigned to a text frame or to the Artistic Text tool not caring over the the next object created. 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.