You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't open file since last save

I can't open a file since I save it and close it. Then I try to open it and it keeps quit unexpectedly. But others file still can be opened. 

I'm using Publisher 1.7.0.312 on MacOS Mojave Ver. 10.14.5.

• Staff

I've asked the developers to take a look into why this file is crashing as I've not had any luck getting it to open either, so it could be partially/fully corrupted. I'll let you know what they say.

Can you let me know what type of actions you were taking before the last save? We sometimes we see files in states like this but if we can't reproduce getting them into this state it's really hard for us to pin down and fix

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

12 hours ago, Jon P said:

I've asked the developers to take a look into why this file is crashing as I've not had any luck getting it to open either, so it could be partially/fully corrupted. I'll let you know what they say.

Can you let me know what type of actions you were taking before the last save? We sometimes we see files in states like this but if we can't reproduce getting them into this state it's really hard for us to pin down and fix

Thanks

I did everything as usual in basic functions. My designer had already designed the pattern of the book so I just copied the design pattern form affinity designer to affinity publisher then pasted texts and arranged it. I worked on this file for 3 days and it still can save and reopen normally until the last save.

• Staff

Hi Sket,

A developer has recovered this document for you, and I've sent you a PM with the file.

As i mentioned, something definitely happened here during your last use of the document which lead to this "corruption" when it got saved. It would be really nice to try get to the bottom of what this might have been.

Can you let me know anything that looks "missing" in the recovered version?

Are there any other processes (relating to master pages especially) you took during your last use?

Do you have a version of the file I can see before this corruption happened?

Apologies for all the questions!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon,

I really appreciate you and your team to helping me fix the file. There is nothing that missing in recovered version.

I don't know if this answers your question. About master pages, I set master pages for being the template by putting the logo at the bottom and creating "session number" on the top right corner. And then I apply it almost every page by pushing the shift button and click pages that I want to apply and then I edited the number of sessions in pages by double click it on the pages, not the master pages.

I will send the previous version file to you via PM.

if you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.