Has anyone successfully used Publisher to make a PDF that works on IngramSpark? I really want to give up InDesign and move to Publisher, but it won't work unless I can make a PDF that IS will accept. They say they want PDF/X1‑a:2003 or PDF/X‑3 (2003). I don't see that on the drop down menu for exporting to PDF in Affinity. Is there a work around?

The “More...” button in the Export dialog gives you lots options.
The Compatibility drop-down gives you the options you need but I have no idea if the output is compatible with IngramSpark.

pdf-export-options.png

Thank you for your reply and my apologies for making a mistake in my original post. What I should have said is that Ingram Spark requires PDF/X-1a:2001 or PDF/X-3:2002. Neither of those are in the export dialog box for Affinity Publisher. So, does anyone know how I can make a pdf with those specifications using Publisher?

You’re welcome.
Unfortunately I can’t offer further help on your specific issue – it’s gone a bit too technical for me – but this page might come in handy: https://www.prepressure.com/pdf/basics/pdfx-3
Hopefully someone who has published with IngramSpark – maybe via another application since the Publisher beta isn’t meant for production use yet – can give you more, and better, information.

2 hours ago, MarioM said:

What I should have said is that Ingram Spark requires PDF/X-1a:2001 or PDF/X-3:2002. Neither of those are in the export dialog box for Affinity Publisher. So, does anyone know how I can make a pdf with those specifications using Publisher?

You can't:

Happy to report that Ingram Spark accepted my files using pdf/X-3:2003 format. So yay! I immediately cancelled my InDesign subscription and told Adobe I was leaving because I hated their ransomware business model and that I was going with Affinity Publisher instead.

10 hours ago, MarioM said:

Happy to report that Ingram Spark accepted my files using pdf/X-3:2003 format. So yay! I immediately cancelled my InDesign subscription and told Adobe I was leaving because I hated their ransomware business model and that I was going with Affinity Publisher instead.

Good to hear that. I also designed book covers  for Amazon Direct Publishing and they were all accepted, just in case you needed to work with that platform too.