You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Combine 2 curves with diffrent stroke pressure

Hello together,

how can i close 2 curves with different stroke pressure? When i combine this curves, only one stroke pressure will be used for both curve but i will keep both pressure.

How can i make this? 

Regards - Der Mann mit der Melone :)

example.png

In Affinity, currently a Curves (Kurven) object can have only one set of stroke & fill properties, so if you want 2 curves to have different stroke pressures you can't add them together.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi Pan Tau,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The only way to achieve what you want is converting the curves to shapes selecting them then going to menu Layer ▸ Convert to Curves. You can then combine them (unless you don't mind to simply group them). You will lose the ability to edit them as strokes (lines) but it may help achieve the result you need. You can always duplicate the original lines and hide them in the layers panel just in case you need to readjust them later/convert again to curves.