You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash - Embedded Documents Build #12

Hi. The #12 Build will crash everytime you do the following:

1 - open the "6009" document

2 - Double click in one of the Embedded Documents

3 - inside the embedded document copy the "Rose" layer (which is an embedded document)

4 - Create a new document, for example A6 and paste. You will have an instant crash.

But instead, if you copy it and create new from clipboard it will work fine... (Just to note, i've added a transparency with the tool, don't know if this is the cause or not)

Thanks.

6009.afdesign

10 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi dcarvalho84,

Thanks for the file and the recipe! I've reproduced this and will get it passed on to development. 

Thanks again for letting us know.

@Sean P Thanks, but there is something more strange. See the video please.

What i've done using that file is to copy and rename the file, then open it and i've changed "Eterna Saudade" to "Sentidos Pêsames" but this is strange.

Using the Quicklook (I think that's the name of the tool - spacebar to quick preview) the file seems to be ok, but when i open it it was in the first state... It seems a similiar problem that publisher 330 has.

Take a look.

1 minute ago, Sean P said:

I've reproduced this as well! I'll get it passed on! It does certainly look related to the current Publisher issue!

Thanks! But in the meantime can we have the link to the build 11? The link in the post is redirecting to the 12 build and i have a lot of work done in the beta that i won't be able to open and i'm afraid this build will mess with some work as i do a lot with embedded documents. Yes, i know we shouldn't do that but that's the best way to find bugs :)

Thanks

• Staff
22 hours ago, Morten_Hjort said:

This beta crashes every time I try to copy some layers to another artboard. I've added the file here. Trying to copy the "Footer" in the "Template" artboard. When I paste it in to the "Order Confirmation - Mobile" the crashes. Every single time....

EmailDesign2019.afdesign

Thanks for the file - This does seem to be the same crash as dcarvalho84 - pasting anything on the clipboard that has an embedded document. This is with development to be fixed.

Thanks for letting us know.

@Sean P I've tested the same procedure in Publisher 337 and everything is fine, no crashes. (I think that Publisher have had this problem in 330?)

Update: And i've tested the second one too. I've opened the afdesign file in Publisher, deleted the "Saudade" and saved. The preview is ok as before, and i've opened the file again in Publisher and it only shows the "Eterna" word as it should be. So i think @MattP and his team only need to apply it in Designer. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.