Jump to content
DM1

[1.7.0.127] A few bugs by DM1

Recommended Posts

@Andy Somerfield Not sure where to report bugs but with add Live filters tab turned on, the Noise Reduction filter stops responding (no context menu). Works fine with Add live filters tab off.

Same with Procedural Texture.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macro studio sub menus. What do they do?

7C4C25E8-B4B7-4C9C-9C12-6720502506F0.jpeg


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duplicate with a 'Selection' active (by long Touch on screen for menu options) still duplicates the whole layer, rather than just the selection. Cut and Delete work correctly.

edit: this may be related to the introduction of the new edit menu option 'Duplicate selection'.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Rasterise and Trim' is missing from Layers Studio menu.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Touch for Gestures when set still allows erase with finger.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Touch for Gestures when set still allows selection tools with fingers.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clone brush tool unable to set selection point with pencil.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When using inpainting, the indicated brush size (ring) bears little resemblance to the thickness of the inpainted line,


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Chris, overall impression is much smoother brushes and better pressure sensitivity. Liking the smaller ui too.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colour picker tool acts like press and hold screen action. If you touch hold and release on screen it brings up the Undo, Duplicate, Delete etc menu. You don’t get the colour picker loupe unless you touch hold and move. Don't know if this is by design but currently it appears the gesture is being confused. I would think activating the colour tool should deactivate the Undo, Duplicate, Delete sub menu.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DM1 said:

Duplicate with a 'Selection' active still duplicates the whole layer, rather than just the selection. Cut and Delete work correctly.

There's an option under Commands called 'Duplicate Selection' so this might be by design... I'll have to check.

2 hours ago, DM1 said:

'Rasterise and Trim' is missing from Layers Studio menu.

I'll put an improvement request in.

2 hours ago, DM1 said:

Touch for Gestures when set still allows erase with finger.

Reported

2 hours ago, DM1 said:

Touch for Gestures when set still allows selection tools with fingers.

Reported

1 hour ago, DM1 said:

Clone brush tool unable to set selection point with pencil.

Known issue. Will bump

1 hour ago, DM1 said:

When using inpainting, the indicated brush size (ring) bares little resemblance to the thickness of the inpainted line,

Agreed. I will log this for you.

 

1 hour ago, DM1 said:

Colour picker tool acts like press and hold screen action. If you touch hold and release on screen it brings up the Undo, Duplicate, Delete etc menu. You don’t get the colour picker loupe unless you touch hold and move. Don't know if this is by design but currently it appears the gesture is being confused. I would think activating the colour tool should deactivate the Undo, Duplicate, Delete sub menu.

I see what you mean. I'll see if this can be improved upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

There's an option under Commands called 'Duplicate Selection' so this might be by design... I'll have to check.

I think this is what should replace the current 'Duplicate' in the long press screen menu. In previous version the pop up menu duplicate command duplicated the selection, not the layer.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Touch for Gestures set on but fingers still draw for inpainting. Annoying when inpainting and rotating the image. Touching the screen results in inpainting.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DM1 said:

I think this is what should replace the current 'Duplicate' in the long press screen menu. In previous version the pop up menu duplicate command duplicated the selection, not the layer.

Oh I see what you mean—sorry. Okay I'll pass that on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unable to load lut files from cloud or Documents folder. Both sources work in 1.6.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chris B Chris, should I continue adding to this thread or begin a new one each time? Not sure what notifications mods get on posts. :)


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally I would say make a separate thread for each. However we're already deep into this one so I don't mind if you keep replying to this.

Stellar job btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An inpainting issue. Notice when the first line is drawn how it erases the red highlight after releasing. If a line is drawn and drawn back over, the red disappears completely. The inpainting however appears to work regardless of red line.

Please please please, turn off inpainting with fingers when using touch for Gestures. It is impossible to rotate layer without inpainting something unintentionally. As for swiping to turn off recording, impossible. >:(

 

Fixed in 1.7.0.127 Yippeeeeee :17_heart_eyes:


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renaming and resaving is not creating a new file (or renaming original saved file).

I saved an image from Project screen to local iPad. It saved as image_xxx. I renamed the image in Project screen and saved again (via hamburger menu). It saved the file with the original file name.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experienced a crash back to springboard when adjusting (via edit) basic brush spacing setting.


IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DM1 said:

An inpainting issue. Notice when the first line is drawn how it erases the red highlight after releasing. If a line is drawn and drawn back over, the red disappears completely. The inpainting however appears to work regardless of red line.

Please please please, turn off inpainting with fingers when using touch for Gestures. It is impossible to rotate layer without inpainting something unintentionally. As for swiping to turn off recording, impossible. >:(

Hi Dave your flow is set to 56%, if you set to 100% it removes the overhead line in one go. I also see the weird pull back of the red trace.


Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on MAC Mojave 10.4 Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 12.4 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DM1 said:

Renaming and resaving is not creating a new file (or renaming original saved file).

I saved an image from Project screen to local iPad. It saved as image_xxx. I renamed the image in Project screen and saved again (via hamburger menu). It saved the file with the original file name.

I have always had that behaviour on V1.6 as well. The only work around is to use save copy option, close it down on home screen then reopen from saveas location to get the new filename to stick.


Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on MAC Mojave 10.4 Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 12.4 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×