You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Bruce. :)

Questions about PagePlus and Serif’s other ‘legacy’ applications should be posted here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

12 hours ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Bruce. :)

Questions about PagePlus and Serif’s other ‘legacy’ applications should be posted here.

Will I be still be able to open .ppp files created in earlier versions of Pageplus ( 2.0 through the latest 8.0  ) if I load a newer version such as ( the Free PP Starter Version or Pageplus X9) on my new computer running Windows 10

12 hours ago, Alfred said:

Have you tried this?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

7 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Have you tried this?

Have I tried what, John? Posting to CommunityPlus (CP) in general, or getting help with old ‘Plus’ files in particular? :/

I’m a frequent CP user, but I don’t often use the ancient versions of the ‘Plus’ applications.

Alfred spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Bruce E. Gallie said:

Will I be still be able to open .ppp files created in earlier versions of Pageplus ( 2.0 through the latest 8.0  ) if I load a newer version such as ( the Free PP Starter Version or Pageplus X9) on my new computer running Windows 10

If it’s a new computer it’s probably running 64-bit Windows 10, in which case the installer with automatically give you the 64-bit version of PPX9. That version won’t be able to open files created with 32-bit versions such as PagePlus 8.0 PDF Edition, so you would need to run the installer again — leaving the 64-bit installation in place — and use the option to install the 32-bit version. The two versions will happily coexist on your system, but (because they share a single set of application data) you can’t run them both at the same time.

PagePlus Starter Edition is no longer available and Starter Edition keys can no longer be retrieved online, so if you’ve kept an old copy of the installer but you don’t have a record of the product key you won’t be able to install it.

Alfred spacer.png

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

Have I tried what, John

Sorry about that. The 'this' should have had a link attached. I was just trying to encourage @Bruce E. Gallie to follow the link to the PagePlus site.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 4 years later...
On 5/20/2019 at 7:33 AM, Alfred said:

so you would need to run the installer again — leaving the 64-bit installation in place — and use the option to install the 32-bit version.

When installing from the downloaded version, I am not given the choice. When does this option appear? I want to install a 32 bit version so I can open files created by an earlier X9 running in 32 bit. Thank you.

19 hours ago, grhamy said:

When installing from the downloaded version, I am not given the choice. When does this option appear? I want to install a 32 bit version so I can open files created by an earlier X9 running in 32 bit. Thank you.

The option should appear when you already have the 64-bit version installed.

On 5/20/2019 at 12:33 PM, Alfred said:

If it’s a new computer it’s probably running 64-bit Windows 10, in which case the installer with automatically give you the 64-bit version of PPX9. That version won’t be able to open files created with 32-bit versions such as PagePlus 8.0 PDF Edition, so you would need to run the installer again — leaving the 64-bit installation in place — and use the option to install the 32-bit version. The two versions will happily coexist on your system, but (because they share a single set of application data) you can’t run them both at the same time.

If memory serves, the options are to (a) perform maintenance on the existing 64-bit installation or (b) install the 32-bit version. It may be possible to bypass the 64-bit installation by choosing a 32-bit setup program instead of the generic ‘setup.exe’, but I don’t currently have access to the files I would need for checking up on that.

Alfred spacer.png