Jump to content

Recommended Posts

destroy_all_monsters_poster_003.jpg

I would love to be able to make titles like this fake impossible 3D look with the help of guides/grids built in the program. I don't mean changing the geometry but at least have the option beyond the isometric look. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email from Affinity. This image was included. It would nice if someone could point me to a tutorial recreating this image. How to set guides is what I am looking for.

unnamed.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, arial_bold said:

How to set guides is what I am looking for.

I don't think you can set guides other than horizontal/vertical. But if you investigate the Grid and Axis Manager, it will allow you to set an isometric grid, which may be what you need. There's also the Isometric studio panel.

By the way, you might get more responses when asking a question if you post in the Questions forum, rather than the Suggestions forum.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I don't think you can set guides other than horizontal/vertical. But if you investigate the Grid and Axis Manager, it will allow you to set an isometric grid, which may be what you need. There's also the Isometric studio panel.

By the way, you might get more responses when asking a question if you post in the Questions forum, rather than the Suggestions forum.

I was posting here because it is impossible to recreate (easily) with guides the perspective the email is advertising. It is not isometric, that's why I suggested to go beyond the isometric grid in the thread title. I will ask in the question forum. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment there is no way to set up a perspective grid in Affinity.

Whoever made this example image will have had to create the perspective by hand.


Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi arial_bold

There is one way that i know, where you can use
Perspektive Rulers, like you want, in both Affinity Designer
and Photo. This is possible with the help of Tool named
Lazy Nezumi.

A Tool once written for Photoshop. But you can use it
without any Problems also in Vectorprograms like
Affinity Designer.

Search for your self and look at there Webseite.
Hope this helps a bit. Have a nice day.
2ddpainter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aammppaa said:

At the moment there is no way to set up a perspective grid in Affinity.

Whoever made this example image will have had to create the perspective by hand.

Then there is no need to create a thread in the question forum.

My suggestion is to create a non isometric cube and a sphere as more options in Grid and Axis Manager.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 3:20 PM, 2ddpainter said:

Hi arial_bold

There is one way that i know, where you can use
Perspektive Rulers, like you want, in both Affinity Designer
and Photo. This is possible with the help of Tool named
Lazy Nezumi.

A Tool once written for Photoshop. But you can use it
without any Problems also in Vectorprograms like
Affinity Designer.

Search for your self and look at there Webseite.
Hope this helps a bit. Have a nice day.
2ddpainter

Thank you for the suggestion but this is not it. This is a link about Inkscape and how to create a 3D cube. This link describes what I would like, but better, in Designer one day.
http://goinkscape.com/how-to-draw-a-rubiks-cube-in-inkscape/#respond

After some searches in the forum my wish or something similar is a very popular request, and has been for years. While waiting I will use Inkscape when needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallo arial_bold

I understand, but I see the Inkscape method rather as a Workaround
if a graphics program has no Perspective Ruler.

If I understand you correctly. Than you want perspective rulers in Affinity Designer.

Lazy Nezumi allows exactly this perspective rulers and these feel and can be
used just like as if they were built into Affinity Designer.

LN works pretty well with Affinity Designer and with many other Graphics programs too.
No matter if vector graphics or painting programs.

You can try it out for yourself with the 15 day trial version of LN.

Here an example that I paint in Affintiy Designer with LN's perspective Ruler.

LN_in_AD.jpg.533aab0ebbcc7a1f80c4df04332a2944.jpg


To use LN you need the following Steps:
- Start LN.
- Start your Graphicsprogram e.g Affinity Designer.
- In LN go to Menu and select File > Hook Window
- Now select the Affinity Designer Screen and put your
  Cursor over the Affinity Designer Screen, after a few
   Seconds LN will capture/hook the Affinity Designer Screen
   so all the Rulers of LN will now work with Affinity Designer.
- Push the Startbutton in LN and you are ready to go.
   By press the Startbutton again you can also switch off LN
   for a while if you like to draw with no rulers.


Here is a link to the website to the perspective ruler
https://lazynezumi.com/perspective

Hope this help, have a nice day
gottfried

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2ddpainter said:

Hallo arial_bold

I understand, but I see the Inkscape method rather as a Workaround
if a graphics program has no Perspective Ruler.

If I understand you correctly. Than you want perspective rulers in Affinity Designer.

Lazy Nezumi allows exactly this perspective rulers and these feel and can be
used just like as if they were built into Affinity Designer.

LN works pretty well with Affinity Designer and with many other Graphics programs too.
No matter if vector graphics or painting programs.

You can try it out for yourself with the 15 day trial version of LN.

Here an example that I paint in Affintiy Designer with LN's perspective Ruler.

LN_in_AD.jpg.533aab0ebbcc7a1f80c4df04332a2944.jpg


To use LN you need the following Steps:
- Start LN.
- Start your Graphicsprogram e.g Affinity Designer.
- In LN go to Menu and select File > Hook Window
- Now select the Affinity Designer Screen and put your
  Cursor over the Affinity Designer Screen, after a few
   Seconds LN will capture/hook the Affinity Designer Screen
   so all the Rulers of LN will now work with Affinity Designer.
- Push the Startbutton in LN and you are ready to go.
   By press the Startbutton again you can also switch off LN
   for a while if you like to draw with no rulers.


Here is a link to the website to the perspective ruler
https://lazynezumi.com/perspective

Hope this help, have a nice day
gottfried

 

I see it now. Great to know. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×