You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Match Color Photoshop, Perspective Crop tool & Inbuilt ready to use luts.

Hi, I recently moved from Photoshop to Affinity and there are some tools which are like very essential to a few people and one of them is one click Match colour option from Photoshop.

Is it possible to have that option in affinity as well?

The second option, I would like to suggest is Perspective crop tool. I tried the one affinity currently has to offer that is through distortion control but that is a bit time taking and takes a lot of trial and error to get it right as compared to perspective crop tool. Though I understand, we have to trial and error but I think perspective crop tool is more UI friendly to have & quicker.

The third option, I would like to suggest is some inbuilt global luts to play around. So, while editing Image, we do not have to minimize the software and load luts externally & then play around. It would be a good option to have some inbuilt luts to play with while concepting and build from there.

Last but not least, I think the current Develop persona kinda mimic the camera raw filter of photoshop but it not 100% accurate to what camera raw filter has to offer. I would love to see some improvements in it too.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This web provides a good illustration of how the Perspective Crop Tool works.

https://designprocademy.com/4-steps-for-perfect-perspective-crops-in-photoshop/

It is basically the crop tool, with individually repositionable corners, which doesn't move the other corners. Then after you've created a non-parallel crop selection it squares everything up.

I looked around in Affinity Photo for the convert to curve option and couldn't find such a thing. Where is it?

When I tried using Perspective Filter and Lens Distortion is seemed convoluted and I couldn't find a smooth workflow.

In Photoshop I can open image, perspective crop, adjust levels and maybe color, and save. Most of the time I can be done with an image in two minutes or less.

Affinity Photo seems like it might take 2-3 times longer per image. Much more time consuming compared to Photoshop.

I attached a sample image. How long does it take you to open the file in Affinity Photo, straighten and crop to the gray box area inside the push pins?  If it's about 30 seconds then I might need a step-by-step tutorial on what you did, because I'm not seeing it.

IMG_20191127_170245.jpg

In Photoshop that tutorial goes like this:

1. Open image.
  2. Select Perspective Crop Tool from under the main Crop Tool in the tool bar.
  3. Click on the 4 corners of the region of interest you wan to crop to.
  4. Zoom in slightly if needed to make sure the corners are placed well.
  5. Hit enter or click the check box to crop and straighten.

14 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

I found an similar way to do this as quick you did in PS...

1. Open image above

2. Choose Projections/Perspective Projection in the Edit menu

3. Mark out the grid in the four corners, just like in PS

4. Switch to Move Tool

5. Rasterize the layer...

I don't see Projections/Perspective Projection in the Edit menu.  Any idea why?

Missing Projections in Edit Menu.jpg

Ok. Both of those paths of attack are working pretty good when they are working right.

For whatever reason that Live Projection sub menu was grayed out when I first tried to use it. I tried different tools, and it didn't change. Eventually I just closed down Affinity Photo and reopened it and that fixed it. I wonder what changes in Photo can cause that menu to gray out. 

1 hour ago, pixelstuff said:

For whatever reason that Live Projection sub menu was grayed out when I first tried to use it.

You have to have a layer selected.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 months later...

I still agree with pixelstuff .... there needs to be a tool similar to Photoshop's Perspective Crop.

Sure you can do it in a VERY round about way with the perspective tool using Source & Destination .... by the way, the GIF above is the first explanation I've seen on how to do it. There should be a Instruction Video on it!!!

BUT, the method is still MUCH MUCH more complex and has many more steps than the Photoshop Perspective Crop.  With Photoshop it is 5 steps. Select corner 1 + corner 2 + corner 3 + corner 4 + CROP  = DONE
NOW it is straightened, squared, and cropped.

I too like many of the things in Affinity, but I have to go to Photoshop to do perspective cropping. Affinity just doesn't cut it.

I tried haakoo's demonstration on a photo piece I have. I could select the SOURCE. Same as in Photoshop. ... in Photoshop I hit CROP and it's done.

In Affinity, I have to switch to DESTINATION. BUT if I drag to the corners of the original photo as haakoo demonstrates the dimensions of the crop are way out of whack. If I just try to move the corners so everything is squared I can't tell if it is actually squared. The corners aren't clear to being square AND it requires 7 more ADDITIONAL steps to finish ....
   Move corner 1 + move corner 2 (is it square?) + move corner 3 (is it square) + move corner 4 (is it square?) + APPLY + Select CROP + adjust CROP to remove the areas not wanted + CROP .... and I'm still not sure that the final image is actually SQUARED off with 90 degree corners.

PLEASE create a Perspective Crop tool !!!!!!!!!!!