You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No arrow tool? + How to make curved lines.

There is no arrow tool? Seems so crazy.

I see old posts saying there isn't one.

Has this changed?

Also... on a Youtube video, I saw someone draw a smooth curved line in one stroke.

This was not using the pen tool and adding points.

How do I do?

This is the video: 

Thanks.

@enginestar Arrowheads have been added for v1.7 which is currently in beta.

If you own a copy of Affinity Designer then you can download and install the beta along side the current retail version (1.6.5) to try the new features.

The smooth line was drawn with the Pencil tool.
https://affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/pages/Tools/tools_pencil.html

I recommend that you watch some of the excellent tutorials produced by Serif themselves (or read the help), as these will introduce the basic tools to you.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

The Designer & Photo customer betas & the public Affinity Publisher beta all have new options to add a variety of arrowhead shapes to strokes:
1518279487_arrowheadoptions.jpg.c488bbfb5b9b0c82aa2904488506c2ba.jpg

It has also been mentioned that this feature has been designed to permit the creation of custom arrowhead shapes, but no mention of if or when that will be implemented in the 1.7 retail releases.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I'm using the 10 day trial version right now.
Can I try out the beta at the same time?
This might sound silly... but the arrows were a showstopper for me.
I'm not going to use 99% of what affinity does - simple things like layers, cutting out images, adding shadows on layers AND adding lines with arrow heads are super important.

@Aammppaa
The pen tool, is that available on Affinity Photo?
Thanks.

Arrowheads are pretty important if your work requires arrowheads - so thank goodness they are here for 1.7

I think you need a license to install the betas for Photo / Designer (since they are described as Customer betas, rather than Public betas).

You could wait until 1.7 is released (which should be soon-ish) at which point I am pretty sure you will be able to try another 10 day trial.

OR

Affinity offer a 14 day refund, which would allow you to buy, install the beta, at no risk if you find it doesn't meet your needs.

What is your returns policy?
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your Affinity purchase. If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, you may return it within a 14 day period after receipt of your product to receive a full refund. Please email affinityreturns@serif.com with your name, order number and reason for returning the item to begin the process. If you are returning a physical item a returns label will be emailed to you for printing. If you do not have access to a printer, a physical label can be despatched to you upon request. After receipt of the return at Serif, a refund will be authorised within 2-3 days.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro