I have problems with the size you get once you prepare a document with images. A ten-page document with images at 300dpi weighs over 180MB, yet the same document in InDesign weighs only 6MB. In both cases the images were linked, but AFPUB seems to include a copy inside the document as well (I'm not embedding).

The big question, however, will AFPUB be useful for professional graphic designers to create magazines, catalogues, artbooks, etc., especially when using hi-res images inside (not lo-res web images)? If such is the case, here are a couple issues that need considering:

1. Linking images make the file too heavy. Consider the example I gave above, and then think of an 88 or more pages magazine/book, etc.

2. Not being able to import into a single document other documents prepared separately.

Also, although I haven't figured it out yet, can you design a cover, a squarebound one, including the spine? Couldn't find any indication when creating a new document. Seems everythings is for what goes inside and not what covers it.

1. This was addressed in beta 330 released on Wednesday.  Unfortunately that beta had to be withdrawn (Friday?) due to a problem found with it.  I would hope that this will be resolved in the next one or two betas released.  On testing beta 330 users had previously reported massive file size savings when images were linked.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/85446-affinity-publisher-public-beta-170330-withdrawn/

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Thanks, but I'm actually using 312, which in the thread you sent said it should be downloaded in place of 330. I haven't used 330, and began with 312. Weight issue, as I said in my previous mesage, is also present there.

Last part of my message, anyone know as to how to do a cover with a spine?

Create a new document the size of front and back cover, plus the spine. Place guides to mark where the spine comes.

Just one reminder/comment: all Publisher discussions should be in the Publisher Beta Forums, not in the regular forums. That's the only way to be sure the appropriate Serif Staff see them.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

3 hours ago, PaulEC said:

Create a new document the size of front and back cover, plus the spine. Place guides to mark where the spine comes.

Obviously! That's how I normally do it. Silly me!

Sorry if I just pointed out the obvious.

I should have added that, what I suspect you really need is the ability to create a three page spread. This isn't currently possible, but has been requested a few times.