You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shift Key constrain to axis.

Like with photoshop and similar tools, when using the paint brush or similar tools, please allow to constrain to x/y axis or other angles when drawing and holding shift. I understand the pen tool is there for straight lines, but when i'm drawing a perspective grid, or working in 1 point or 2 point perspective, switching back and forth between tools, aligning to a grid that I dont even use, then moving the points to where i need them and rasterizing is an extremely daunting process to get a straight, vertical line. When all alternatives software just require me press the shift key, this is an absolute must have and a complete deal breaker for use.

Oh right! that's the thing I forgot in my list. Today I wrote a list of quality of life improvements that could help illustrators and I totally forgot about this one :) I most certainly would appreciate that feature too! 
BTW: May I edit and add that idea to my list aswell?

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, royalcrown28 said:

oh well, photoshop renews in 2 days. I guess i'll check back next year. Cheers.

edit: Oh! It's added everyone! sweet. just in time. update in version 1.7.

Yes, it is added in 1.7. Been there in the Beta since February. Just a tip, using the search bar at the top pf the website can help you find this information by looking at topics in chronological order.

Felt pretty nice using the feature the last few months. As an artist I couldn't be happier. : )

HHHHHHHAAAALLLLLLEEEEEEELLLLUUUUUUJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

THANK YOU TEAM!!! Made my day seeing this being implemented :)

A tweak if possible... The shift click feature, seems to engage even if you click before pressing shift... Is it possible to give this a little tweak so that the point to point line tool only activates if shift is held before the click (so basically holding shift down and clicking activates it), and the shift drag can actually be on click, then shift plus drag is axis locked??? This would really finish this one off... Apart from that tho... VERY appreciative for this one. :)

Time to get more serious with my digital painting...

P.S... You guys should seriously consider creating a group on minds.com... I was a badged artist on facebook for you, but I have since deleted my FB account... Seriously, you could be earning Etherium just for having an account :) Anyways... Hope to see you there soon I'm @viceverser if you do, invite me please :)

Congrats again on the amazing work... Putting in my order for publisher (x2, both mac and PC) tomorrow, love your work.

Cheers... D.