You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

transparency flattening/rasterizing question

Helloes.

First of all, wow. I just installed beta and recreated some files made in ID. Seamless copy paste (even adobe apps don't support that, woot!), plethora of export options, easy DPI settings for manymeter-long banners, looks promising (well, let's see what my printshop's RIP says, but still awesome).

But I don't quite get the rasterizing. Used to ID, I get all the raster elements, uh, rasterized - like objects with transparency, effects, etc. and vector elements are stuck on top.

Affinity Publisher:

- when exporting pdf - nothing rasterizes nothing, effects and transparency are gone - I suppose it's just a beta feature and will change :), everything flattens whole page to one image, and unsupported features (pdf spec unsupported I assume) does more or less what I want, but transparency and effect stacking yields some surprising results.

- when checking layers panel - rasterizing is there, but no option to rasterize object with effect.

So, apart from doing everything bombproof by creating hi-res flat raster images for backgrounds and just adding all the vector/type content, is there a way to do what I want in Publisher? All non-vectors+effects flattened and all vectors vectors? :)

Really curious...

19 hours ago, xoxoRGB said:

I just installed beta (...) - when exporting pdf - nothing rasterizes nothing, effects and transparency are gone - I suppose it's just a beta feature and will change :), everything flattens whole page to one image, and unsupported features (pdf spec unsupported I assume) does more or less what I want, but transparency and effect stacking yields some surprising results.

Sounds like unwanted export settings for me. You might first try to familiarize yourself with the options and their results. Some combinations aren't necessarily useful to achieve what you want.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

2 hours ago, haakoo said:

Rasterize will work within the program.
So rasterize the fx or adjustments before exporting

How do I proceed to achieve that? Rasterize option either preserves layer effects or removes them.

Screenshot 2019-05-19 18.37.17.png