Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If you go to the Brushes Studio and “long press” (tap and hold) on the brush that you want to use, a menu will pop up. Choose ‘Edit’, go to the Dynamics tab on the brush editing page, and set the ‘Size’ percentage and controller. Size variation should probably be set to more than 50%; controllers such as ‘Pressure’, ‘Angle’ and ‘Tilt’ are specific to the Apple Pencil (and perhaps also the Logitech Crayon) but ‘Velocity’ And ‘Direction’ will work with an ordinary stylus or a finger.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

If you go to the Brushes Studio and “long press” (tap and hold) on the brush that you want to use, a menu will pop up. Choose ‘Edit’, go to the Dynamics tab on the brush editing page, and set the ‘Size’ percentage and controller. Size variation should probably be set to more than 50%; controllers such as ‘Pressure’, ‘Angle’ and ‘Tilt’ are specific to the Apple Pencil (and perhaps also the Logitech Crayon) but ‘Velocity’ And ‘Direction’ will work with an ordinary stylus or a finger.

Thank you.  I had been told earlier that “ordinary styluses” are not supported by AP.  Is that not true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Engine44 said:

Thank you.  I had been told earlier that “ordinary styluses” are not supported by AP.  Is that not true?

Special functions such as pressure sensitivity generally won’t work, and the ‘Touch for gestures only’ Tools preference can’t be used, but anything that can be done with a fingertip can also be done (with greater precision) with a third-party stylus.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Special functions such as pressure sensitivity generally won’t work, and the ‘Touch for gestures only’ Tools preference can’t be used, but anything that can be done with a fingertip can also be done (with greater precision) with a third-party stylus.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×